Real world advice - speeding violation via camera in Scottsdale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Real world advice - speeding violation via camera in Scottsdale

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Zanny1, Oct 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    had a camera speeding ticket in scottsdale not long ago, went online and completed driving school course, paid the ticket, no insurance points

2. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    waiting to be served is like paying for the ticket twice, better to resolve it and move on, IMO

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I received a photo ticket, Shea Blvd in Scottsdale last year with a rental about 10 over the limit. Hertz forward me the ticket with a photo that looked like me. I was told by a friend that lives in Scottsdale to ignore it. So far, they haven't sent me any fine for late payment.

4. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Update 01/07/2010
    No server.... no further correspondence......ticket filed in the round bin.
    Your experience may be different.

RWP137 and Innovativethinker like this.
  5. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Good job! Don’t pay that BS ticket. IMO it’s worth the $50 server fee to make them chase the money. If people just pay the tickets they will keep putting up the cameras. It has NOTHING to do with safety and everything to do with easy revenue.

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Go figure, I just got one of these. I will follow the game plan of the OP!

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ok so I think I can pretty much toss this one, someone that borrowed my car was driving at the time of the photo capture. The notice says there is no fine associated with this notice, so it seems they can’t ID the driver. So they are asking me to ID the driver but also says I’m under no obligation to do so, straight to the document shredder!

RWP137 likes this.
  8. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    My son had exactly the same thing. Firmly in the draw.....as if you’re going to give the driver up when you are not obliged to do so!!!!!