Best camera setup | FerrariChat

Best camera setup

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by tr328, Jan 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Anyone have recommendation for best video camera system for recording when the car is parked and driving with front and rear camera? It would be nice to be able to monitor the car when parked. Technology changes so quickly, I'm sure there's something new on the market.

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Blackue 750 or 900, front and rear. I have them on all my cars, with Power Magic Pro for the parking mode.

obbob and billboboy like this.
  3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I'm a big fan of Blackvue as well

4. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L
    I have the same setup in my 458: front and rear Blackvue 900.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    What is installation like on the blackvue cameras?....I’d like to get for my 488 and my Jeep Grand Cherokee daily driver since it’s in a lot of hotels

6. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L
    Depends if you get the power unit or not, which I recommend you do so that you can set it to turn off if your battery voltage too low.
    I had a shop install mine with power unit and front/rear camera for a few hundred $.

When I installed one of these in my 360 it was very straightforward, but that car has more panels held on by screws and not as many clips (that can break when pulling back a panel to tuck the cable).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

mdrums likes this.
  7. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks so much everyone for your comments.
    Very much appreciated!

8. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I have the owl cam and it’s awesome. I checked out all other cams and it’s one of the only ones that lets you view a live feed of your car when the car is off, without any hotspot needed, and it will even turn off automatically if your battery voltage gets low! You can view it from any phone and it's the best option I've seen!

www.owlcam.com