OT: Looking for a PPI in Central CT on a Maserati 4200 consigned with Peter Lombardo | FerrariChat

OT: Looking for a PPI in Central CT on a Maserati 4200 consigned with Peter Lombardo

Discussion in 'New England' started by yudkib, Jan 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Hey guys. Realize this is a Ferrari forum but the Maserati boards are pretty dead, especially for anything that isn't a QP or GT. At least the 4200's were Ferrari-built!

I'm looking at a Maserati 4200 Coupe that's currently on consignment with Peter Lombardo. I've seen his name come up a few times searching the forum, and I agree he's definitely a really great guy. Car is on it's second owner - Peter was with him when the current owner bought it and has done all the service. He's 100% confident it would pass any PPI.

His client wants it shipped by flatbed for any PPI that's not spitting distance from Peter's shop. Miller would be about $1500 for the PPI w/ towing and compression test. I still have to call P1 but I have read on several different boards they are also excellent.

So the questions I have are -
    1) Any good shops that you would trust to do a workup like this in the central CT area? I've seen F40 in Portland, Capozzi's in New Britain, and Nino's in Simsbury come up (though Nino's might be too far for Peter/his client). Any of those? Something else?
    2) Peter is happy to let someone I bring use his lift... so in the alternate, is there a mobile guy I should reach out to?
    3) I'm new to Italian stuff. Is Peter's reputation so superb that I should take him at his word? E.g., if there was an issue he would make sure I'm taken care of?

Please keep in mind this isn't a $100k car, and $1500 to work it up is already a good dent in an annual or even a non-powertrain repair. Thanks in advance.

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    See PMs

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    4200 imported legally? Not 25 years old yet...

4. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    you're thinking of the 3200. the 4200 was the first one that came back (before the granturismo). but sadly i couldn't get back to peter's with the money fast enough and missed out. if anyone knows someone selling one in a stick, PM me.