Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 142 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    this is very close to what I will likely do I thought about red seats and black rest of interior but I have had several cars with all Cuoio interiors and they look great I will likely do Daytonas as I usually do but probably will go with the electric Daytonas VS the racing seats .. but have not really decided that part.. If I go Cuoio I will do the dash also never had an issue with it and it looks great esp with the carbon fiber offset.. I will do black carpets... and I am thinking a Girgio
    stitching .funny.....

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Here is a pic I found on the internet of a 488 spider daytona race seat Cuoio/Grigio Chiaro:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, toman416, Chizz and 3 others like this.
  3. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    #3528 BLKBLK, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Yeah. It doenst exist. Not even at auctions. Only salvaged ones. If 18's go for sub 200k, I would get rid of my 580-2 in a heartbeat and get another 488 in black as that was my second color of choice. :)

This is one of the best build in black I've seen. Good luck to the seller.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/loaded-18-488-gtb-nero-over-nero-with-rosso-accents-very-high-msrp.616172/

4. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    That's good to know. Now I understand why people report more cabin sound even with GPF.

LARRYH likes this.
  5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    having had that on my E63S it really made a different and that is a luxury car with a 4liter turbo charged 600hp engine different type of engine( cross plane V8 vs Flat plane V8) but the sound really is a big feature....

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3531 Shadowfax, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Honestly I wouldn't rave about about the interior exhaust note. It isn't bad but but I expected it to be better on the inside tbh. I was hoping that it would have got angrier toward the red but it sounded still quite tame at 8000 rpms and overall had a fairly consistent tame volume across the rev range which for the type of car it is could have and should have been turned up a few notches especially as the revs rise to hit the red. I'd describe the inside sound as more of a smooth and tame gentlemanly type note (bit like say a Bentley V8S) and this is when using the throttle hard too. But it's still nice....just not angry nice.....which some more volume to help with the angry element so to let your ears know you are nearly at red and to shift rather than have to watch the tach or bounce off the limiter.

Outside F8 can still be heard on approach at full noise and, as it goes past, and it still has a slight Ferrari engine note to it, but the noise coming from the engine at full throttle and rpms is basically just a whole lot of induction noise and the sound of spent gas being forced out the pipes which drowned out 95% of the combustion notes. I guess that's the bi product of the GPF and cats. I think anyone buying an F8 should accept the noise still leaves quite a bit to be desired for a 700hp supercar. But it is still a very beautiful car nonetheless.

7. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Now I don’t feel as bad with a build price approaching $400K.

LARRYH and Astrid.Didier like this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Opted RC. Standard wheels that dealer wiil paint High gloss black. Exhaust tips matte black. Interior- Race seat -red stripe on edge to match red center stripe. All black interior. Alcantara headliner, inserts on seats, and lower dash. Contrast red stitching everywhere. Carbon fibre steering wheel, paddles and dash inserts.

9. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Nice spec. Would be awesome for the F8.

Coincid likes this.
  10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob

Love the seats!

Coincid likes this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    And I find them very supportive and comfortable. By far, my favourite.

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  13. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I agree, they fit me perfectly. The standard race seats look great in black with contrast in body color. I did the Daytonas in my car since I did care for the black inserts on Cuoio.

ScottS likes this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    $400k is a lot of money. I’ll buy used.

16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Tom the car looks awesome especially with the black roof which is what I specked on mine. Love the first picture with the 512 showing through the glass in the upper level of the dealership. I feel like someone said that was Sammy Hagar’s 512?

ppg70 and tfazio like this.
  17. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Garretto, Astrid.Didier and of2worlds like this.
  18. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Formally it does not - the air entry for the S-duct is actually below. The air flow from the top of the bumper is certainly disturbed though.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and kenguru like this.
  20. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019