Painting Cromodora Mags | FerrariChat

Painting Cromodora Mags

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by steve meltzer, Feb 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Seems like there was a post sometime ago about the correct paint for these Daytona wheels, but i can't find it. That post may have been for the 330 Campy wheels. CRS. Anyhow, I'd also like suggestions on the process. thanx. steve

2. V12addict

V12addict Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    I saw that post too years ago and remember there was a paint code. I would just send a DM to Tom Shaughnessy as he had the correct code. Or an E-mail to Tom Yang. Both very knowledgeable. Good luck.

3. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari/330gt/Push.htm#TB182

V12addict likes this.
  4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I would finish paint Daytona wheels in Ferrari Argento none met. Steve.
    Fairly sure that's what I used on mine and they matched the old wheels perfectly, the link above is grey so for a 330 not a Daytona with Comodora wheels, just saying to save confusion.

5. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Grant, thanx so much. steve (I agree the Cromodoras are a different shade of silver than the Campys) s

6. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    you could check out the 365gtc/4 site for my post

7. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    hey straightpipe..gotta a specific link for your link? thanx steve

8. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Dyke Ridgley had posted the paint color I think on the Tom Yang site, an early Chrysler color I recall.

9. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm not sure this link will work for a guest, but give it a try. I had a number of pictures uploaded that are no longer there. The site changed hands and all the information wasn't carried over. Years ago I was given the special paint by a C/4 owner (contains arsenic). I suited up like I was taking a moon walk and shot it outside in front of a fan. Lot's of work by hand but it turned out well. Not attending to road rash will turn spots into white power and dust. Pic is a road rash spare I keep in the garage.
    https://forum.365gtc4.com/forum/main-forum/8255-cromodora-wheel-refurbishment
    'magnesium wheels' used for the search at 365gtc/4 Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. daytonaCuser

daytonaCuser Rookie

Apr 15, 2004
    North yorks UK
    Full Name:
    Richard Chester
    Main thing with Painting Alloy wheels is to use a good aluminium primer to start with --- then primer filler to cover any small marks --flat down 600 paper and Paint with 2 pack basecoat(colour of choice)-- then 2 fine coats of two pack clear Lacquer

11. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Be careful that whoever prepares your wheels for painting does not rub down or rub off the CROMODORA and FERRARI 7 1/2" L x 15" script, which is a real pet hate of mine.