Launching "Classiche Masters" book at Retromobile today. | FerrariChat

Launching "Classiche Masters" book at Retromobile today.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Nembo1777, Feb 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello all,

Happy to announce and introduce a book we are launching tonight at Retromobile in Paris : "Classiche Masters" about the finest classic Maserati restoration workshops in Europe!

It was made possible by a great team and was a fascinating odyssey, a year of traveling to twelve workshops in eight countries, learning a lot from the true Masters. We also interviewed opinion leaders and experts in Italy and the US. It was a lot of work, I kept quiet about it and am very happy with how it turned out so now you know:)

We have a dedicated stand at the Retromobile show here in Paris from today media evening till Sunday. I will be there tonight for media evening and every day all day till Friday. We are in Hall 1: stand 1F 088 and look forward to your visit!

Here is the website there is an introduction video and then teaser videos for each workshop.

https://www.classichemasters.com/#/

MK1044, HLM, Michael Call and 4 others like this.
  2. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Congratulations for your hard work, Marc.
    It will be very helpful for a lot of us in Europe!

lineaTesoro likes this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thank you Froggie, hope to meet you at Retromobile this week!

4. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Congratulations on your latest work, Marc! I hope you are well!

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #5 Nembo1777, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Hello Carmine and many thanks:)!

I am well grazie and my book was very well received at Retromobile, we had a booth for it and hosted basically everyone who is anyone in the classic Maserati world. We had 9 of the 12 Maserati restorers (from 8 European countries) covered in the book visit the booth, each for many hours or even several days.

We saw great interaction between the restorers from various countries which can only be positive as they interact more to provide each other with parts. One of them now makes 3500GT cylinder heads but that is just one example among many.

For those who don't understand what this book is about it is:

-1 To show to outsiders considering buying a classic Maserati that there are workshops in Europe specialized in restoring and servicing them (may newcomers think not and get cold feet so the book reassures them, a vital part of the purchase decision process).

-2 To strengthen the classic Maserati restorers and owners community to help it grow because when compared to other brands it needs it and needs all the positive energy the Trident deserves:)!

Here some photos of the stand:

A general view:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

We hosted a veritable who’s who of the classic Maserati world on our stand: here below left to right: Patrick Hanssens of Mistral Classics in Belgium, Pedro Cappelle showrunner for this book, Joris Claeys who had the idea and instigated this book, Leo Peschl restorer from Cologne, Germany and historian Dottore Adolfo Orsi.

Below the two top Maserati restorers from Germany featured in the book: Stefan Loeflath from OVSL Loeflath in Bavaria, young but very talented, left and Leo Peschl from Cologne, who has a very high standard of execution, right. with Pedro Cappelle center.

Below the Candinis from the eponymous respected workshop in Modena, Marcello and father Giuseppe. I have had several Khamsins and Boras taken care of by them.

In this shot you can see Fabio Collina of Maserati Classiche discovering the article (book chapter extract) that I wrote for Octane magazine March 2020 issue 201 (now in top US newsstands such as Barnes & Noble) about him. We can know call him Signor yellow glasses:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I was there four days and it was a true pleasure to meet everyone who visited.

Hope to see you soon!

Marc

Attached Files:

6. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Received my copy of the "Classiche Masters" book. I have yet to read it all but my first impression is very positive! Very nice photography and you can feel the passion for the trident. I particularly enjoyed the "The curators of the heritage" section :)

Ivan

MK1044, Merak1974 and 375+ like this.
  7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Ivan, yes that a mad rush: driving the Tipo 151 at Lime Rock in the morning, the 275 Nart Spyder Thomas Crown affair car in the afternoon near the circuit (both for Octane magazine articles) then immediately depart and drive all night 1560kms (about 1000 miles) non stop except for dinner in New Jersey to get to your house near Atlanta Georgia with 2 hours to spare for our appointment for your interview and photoshoot with the Ghibli Spyder etc: that was VERY intense. Then the minute we finished I left to catch a plane to Florida for 4 days of R & R then back home to Europe for just one day then the Zoute concours in Belgium....argh. I did not know what country I was in when waking up in the mornings lol.
    Thanks again Ivan for your help for this book:)

375+ and MK1044 like this.
  8. HLM

HLM Rookie

Apr 4, 2020
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Howard Mowlem
    Just received my copy today here in Australia, thank you, and looking forward to reading it and enjoying the many photos. I wish we had a local edition as well!

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Enjoy it Howard, we all need reading material right now:)