Soft brake pedal CPO 458 | FerrariChat

Soft brake pedal CPO 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Live2win, Feb 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    Recently purchased 2012 Spider, CPO, so all fluids changed before delivery. I currently own 2010 Italia.

car was delivered from out of state. Upon receiving car the brake pedal felt soft compared to my Italia. Was assured by dealer that brakes checked out fine before delivery. Drive for approximately 100 miles the soft feeling never went away.

Had car transported to local Ferrari dealer. Said felt like air in the brake lines, said had to do fluid change, could not bleed out air. $475.00.

After doing fluid change brakes are fine. Air was found in right brake lines.

selling Ferrari dealer covered charge and $359 towing charge.

hard to believe that a Ferrari would be delivered with a soft brake pedal. As all 458 owners know the brakes grab .

o well all is well that ends well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

daflk and of2worlds like this.
  2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Yeah, indeed very bad …. and I bet: NO excuses at all ...

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am not surprised at all. If you knew how many times I have had to tell service people at dealers what is wrong with a car, you would probably be very shocked. Today they are not even called mechanics they are called techs. They attach the car to a computer and the computer tells them what is wrong. They don't go looking for problems that do not show up on their screens. Sometimes air in the lines is very apparent other times the car needs to be driven a little before it becomes very noticeable. Some dealers just change the oil, look at the tires , wash the car and send it out the new owner. I would take that car put it up on my lift and see what else they missed. A Ferrari dealer in some ways is just like any other dealer, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

4. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    The head tech and the salesperson drove the car and said the brakes felt find, before sending to me. I guess they do not drive many 458s.