Sold - Value of original 308 rims? (Possibly for sale) | FerrariChat

Sold Value of original 308 rims? (Possibly for sale)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by frankEdee, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frankEdee

frankEdee Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Ventura, CA
    Value of original 308 rims?? I have sold my 2-owner 1981 308gtsi and remembered that I had the original set of rims up in the garage. In searching this forum, it appeared that these could still be desirable to someone looking to restore a car.
    Just wondering what the current value for these four rims are, and whether there are parties out there interested.....

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Contact the guy you sold the car to, I’m sure he would greatly appreciate getting the original rims for the car.

SamN, willrace and 19633500GT like this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Those appear to be original metric wheels for Michelin TRX tires. Probably the least valuable of all 308 wheels and plentiful on Mondials. I'm thinking $100 / wheel ($300-$400/set) is top of the market for these.

carguy246 and George Vosburgh like this.
  4. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I've seen them for free, I have a set in my shed I'll trade for a case of Pliny Beer

Rifledriver likes this.
  5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I had a set I gave away and was happy someone wanted them for that price.

SamN likes this.
  6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Of all the various 308 wheels, the metric wheels are the ones no one wants because there is only one tire that fits on them.

7. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    As an update on mine, I didn’t get the case of Pliny beer I wanted. How ever I was able to pass them on to another Ferrari owner and free up valuable space in my shed. A fair deal for me, him not so much.:)

Temple and SamN like this.
  8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    As noted, the 390mm tires to fit these wheels are $400, each.

So they are really not of much value, at least AFAIK...

9. frankEdee

frankEdee Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Ventura, CA
    Thanks all for the replies! Not exactly what I was hoping for, but oh well. It is what it is. (I was hoping that there would be a market for someone looking for original spec rims for that era.)

I'll be around just in case someone sees this and MUST have a set of metric rims.....

Peace

absostone likes this.
  10. frankEdee

frankEdee Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Ventura, CA
    Quick update on this thread for future reference to anyone interested.. And as a FYI for those who stated that these rims were worthless for anything more than a door-stop or should be given away. Based upon my experience selling these on Craigslist, as well as a set sold on BAT, the value actually appears to be in the $125-$200 each range so @Nuvolari (who most thought was too generous) was even a bit shy on his estimate!

11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    So sell them on Craigslist or BaT and call it a day

SamN likes this.
  12. frankEdee

frankEdee Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Ventura, CA
    @19633500GT. I have sold them! I was just providing an update to this group that there is value for these for those who have them and think that they are worthless....

19633500GT likes this.