Tach fun | FerrariChat

Tach fun

Discussion in '348/355' started by jeffdavison, Feb 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Following in the footsteps of F355Bob....... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I liked many of the mods he did to his car before he passed it on to the next caretaker. One of the striking things he did was to change out his tachometer for a custom aftermarket tach with a yellow dial face. I followed his adventures over the years on how he went about doing it. The company he used does custom instruments and let's you play around with options with an online configurator. The company is called "Speed Hut" I decided I liked a tachometer with a red dial face. The let you add your own graphics as well, so I uploaded a little Cavalino JPG. Took about 3 weeks to get after ordering due to their back log. I am more than pleased with the results. I'll do the actual installation later when I get all of my carbon fiber skinned interior bits back, but in the meantime....... here's a fresh picture.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

steved033, Sami, 308 GTB and 2 others like this.
  2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Can you get a closer pic of the lights and push button thing-a-ma-jig on the lower right of that new tach? Cool stuff ! How is the illumination of a red tach with the stock color cluster lights?

3. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    The display shows red with white lettering but when the lights are switched on the background goes black and the lettering goes blue. They use electro-luminesence for this effect. Under the first button is printed "menu", under the second (peak) button is printed "select" The tach lets programming of the shift lights.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Very cool
    Any pics of what it would look like fired up

5. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    It will be a while before it gets installed, looking at least 4 months. Making a move from Atlanta to Sarasota and things are going into storage at the end of the month. Just staging all my mods before the move so when I get settled and have access to my new garage, everything lined up will get done. Car will be at MCS next week for dampers R&D. That'll tie it up for a week, then I'll be trailering it down and lock it up while I come back and pack up my PODS for a March 2 closing on my old house.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

@jeffdavison That looks like the cat's pajamas! Sweet. Congratulations on your move. Moving is always a PITA, but sunny Sarasota can't be beat. :)

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Just curious on cost and wondering why not get a Speedo to match.

8. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    a few reasons.... One, I like what F355Bob did with his dash, emulating a 360. I wanted a bit of a Scud vibe. Two, I believe that Bob discovered some issues trying to mate up aftermarket speedometers to the F355's electronics. Three, the speedo is not as important ......... The tach is the stand out gauge to pay attention to.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

308 GTB likes this.