355 f1 pump bleeding | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 f1 pump bleeding

Discussion in '348/355' started by sjuliani, May 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The thing is there are 7-10 seals and Orings to be replaced for an F1 slave cylinder. You want to replace them all because you want to do it just once. Contact Ricambi and tell him to sell you all the seals necessary to get to the slave cylinder and its mounting flange (including all the seals behind the mounting flange). Don't forget the triple seals and the clutch shaft oring. I don't think Daniel carries the viton triple seals so installing those will be tricky.

Shane likes this.
  2. Shane

Shane Rookie

Dec 5, 2018
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Shane
    Hey thanks for the input and i did placed an order on their website back on Monday, did not order the triple seals as they were replaced by a tech back in 2018.
    Is the clutch shaft O ring located in the back of the flange? Uh oh might have missed that one :0

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

F355 F1 (F1 only!; If you're reading this thread and have a gear lever in your car, stop reading!)

You'll likely need:
    1 x 170193
    1 x 170194
    1 x 170195
    1 x 170196
    3 x 137249 (aka triple seals)
    1 x 104984 (the black o-ring on the clutch shaft, actually drawn on table #23)

and maybe, if you're pulling the flange:
    2 x 166432 tiny o-rings on the back of the flange
    1 x 170894 radial seal pressed into the back of the flange

Keep in mind, a lot of first timers struggle with getting the turquoise seals into the release bearing. Mess it up, and you'll be pulling the whole thing back out when it leaks. * note: I can't remember if the CRB355F1S is identical to the CRB355MS (manual) in the way some of the turquoise seals don't 100% surround their machined channel. The little gap where it seems 'too short' is correct.

I know folks think I have an ulterior motive to sell expensive stuff... maybe I do. But I'd rather sell you something to do the job once and just be done with it quickly so you can drive the car instead of tearing it apart a second time... so in that light, sometimes it does make sense to just purchase a new Hill Engineering CRB355F1S that has the seals pre-fitted. Take it out of the box, smear some fluid on the inside, jam it onto the shaft. Done.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Shane and WATSON like this.
  4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    ^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Shane likes this.
  5. Shane

Shane Rookie

Dec 5, 2018
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Shane
    Understood thanks for the suggestion, however i think its a little bit too late got your package this morning.
    Also it already has a Hills Bearing but i would've bought the whole kit if i knew it would be that hard :(

Any suggestion for the self bleeding after i'm done the seals replacement?
    I tried opening the door but pump doesn't automatically turn on unless i press the paddle trying to upshift into 1st, am i missing something?

6. F1Charlie

F1Charlie Rookie

Jul 23, 2022
    How did you do this? When the pump activates normally without the SD, it does not push fluid past the quick connect and through the system to the bleed near the clutch. I'd love to have a way to get the system bled without the SD as I'm looking at buying a clone as I type.

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    When you say the system I must assume you mean the clutch system
    Yes when the pump kicks in it pressurize the whole system including the clutch

8. F1Charlie

F1Charlie Rookie

Jul 23, 2022
    For some reason when I am running the pump via ignition with the clutch bleed open I am not getting any flow through the bleed. System pressurizes and pump stops.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You are going to need to activate the throw out bearing solenoid to bleed it properly.

10. F1Charlie

F1Charlie Rookie

Jul 23, 2022
    Alright so I'm not going crazy. There is a stop at the thrust bearing. Any best practices on keeping the solenoid activated?

11. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    You need to activate the clutch solenoid in pic above
    My Good friend Dave Lelonek has confirmed voltage is 12 volts
    When I did it we only activated it for a few seconds at a time
    It was a long time ago so I think that’s it