355 - Plenum silver stripes shot | FerrariChat

355 Plenum silver stripes shot

Discussion in '348/355' started by watkinsgt, Feb 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    The silver stripes on my Air Plenum are worn, splotchy and generally shot. I considered removing the plenum to allow for masking and repainting but quickly saw that removing and reinstalling the plenum was way above my ability. I thought to mask and repaint the stripes in place. Bought a can of VHT paint, several widths of masking tape, a small roller and tried a dry run. Ain't gonna happen. It's to far to reach and I'm not going to lay on the fenders and engine. I'm now considering High Temp Tape. Perhaps something like 3M 3361. Does anyone have experience with this? How hot does it get under hood? I've got a vinyl wrap guy who can trim and cut to size. I'm hoping to discover - before I go buying a dozen trial rolls - has anyone found a product that works?

2. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    If you take the airboxes out; I've found that a relatively dense blanket over the side protects the car well enough for you to lay across the side with your knee supported on the engine subframe rail that runs across the car.

Also, someone please teach me how to embed images properly from a mac.

Attached Files:

3. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    If it is a spider, just lower the top and pull off the rear deck lid.
    You can access them easier from the inside of the car.**
    Pull the seats out too if you need more room for supplies and beer.

** also handy for removing / installing the hoses during the engine out service

4. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    "From inside the car" - Yep it's a spider. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. Thank you Watson.