Advice on Weber 44, 48 Idf or Ida carbs for 30 Qv | FerrariChat

Advice on Weber 44, 48 Idf or Ida carbs for 30 Qv

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by racespecferrari, Feb 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Hi all.
    I'm now changing to carbs and have found a company that can fab me a pair of inlet manifolds to whatever carb I choose.
    I'm looking at either Weber 44 or 48 and either Idf or Ida.
    I've seen the German company Formula Gt that does the 44 Idf manifolds, but I'm looking to get as much out as possible from whichever I use.
    I'd appreciate any experience, pros or cons that people have had with these.
    I will currently be using the standard heads and cams for now, but will be having them worked on in the future. I did read that Sloan had used 48 Idfs, but could not find the thread.
    Although I have a Mondial Qv, I'd appreciate any 308 or 328 users chiming in with their experiences.
    Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks Pete Uk

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Pete, this is a converted car, maybe the company who did it can help you out?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-ferrari-mondial-6/

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Serious question - why carbs? And why not an aftermarket F.I. system instead.

https://store.jenvey.co.uk/throttle-bodies-and-components/throttle-bodies/twin-bodies-idf-style
    https://www.cbperformance.com/Throttle-Bodies-Parts-Accessories-s/285.htm

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I have already fitted an Xdi ignition and have made all looms up. I do not have the finances to go down the fuel injection route and a new ECU. Carbs is a lot cheaper install for me financially.

5. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
  6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    If you're going to drive on the street, I would get the smaller ones. If the car is strictly for racing, go for the larger ones.

7. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I remember the stumble in corners with my 77 GTB with carbs. I played with the float level and type of floats but I was never able to get it to go away. Do either of your carb choices address the float orientation problem?