Widest tire on HGTE rear wheel | FerrariChat

Widest tire on HGTE rear wheel

Discussion in '612/599' started by Kyle Stoffer, Feb 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    Looking to put a set of PS cups on the 599. Can I go with 325s? 335s? I’ve got a c6 zo6 and the 335s on the back are monsters. Thanks for the input. Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Well you have to be balanced front and rear. With traction control you have account For front rear diameters. Then you have to decide are you changing for performance or cosmetics? Front engine cars understeer as an example and many up the front tire widths to compensate for that.

SonomaRik and George Vosburgh like this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    325/30 20 appears to be the largest Sport Cup 2 tire you can fit to the 11" rear wheels on your 599, looking at TireRack's spec section. Then you would need to calculate the front to rear diameter differential with the stock tires and make sure the combination you choose does not vary from that by more than about 4-5% to prevent chapping off ABS. Just be aware that combination could cause some additional understeer unless you also fit larger fronts on the 8.5" front wheels.

SonomaRik likes this.
  4. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Not the stock wheels, and on a 599, but I’m running 325/30/21 rear tires, and 285/30/20 fronts. Plenty of clearance inside and out.

5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Remember that too much grip on the rear actually introduces understeer.

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Good to know. PIcking up my 'new' [13K :( ] 599 next week when 'some things' get addressed. Since it's a garage queen IMO at 12 years OLD!!!! I'm kinda of concerned at some things, but Ferrari of SF is great, as always, and we are working the issues.
    BUT tires are a must .

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I have 315's on the rear (MPSS). I like them but they are slippery as heck on those 40 degree mornings. Wife was wondering why I would spin the tires in the mornings leaving the house. Believe me, it wasn't the plan.