Replacement Battery Braille B2015 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Replacement Battery Braille B2015

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430Rod, Apr 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #26 MaranelloDave, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Installed my Braille a while back. It seems to be working well. I was able to keep it in place with the original bracket but, instead of the bracket being positioned at the top corner of the battery, I moved it to the bottom of the front of the battery. To do this, I had to add tubular spacers since the rods of the bracket are only threaded at their ends. I also stuck some neoprene padding on the front of battery behind the bracket to increase friction between them.

The original bracket holds the battery pretty well but also I strapped it down with a rubber strap to keep the battery in place in case I were to pop up over a bump or hill. I also added rubber covers for the terminals and provided felt on the back of the battery cover plate to ensure that the terminals don't touch any metal. As you can tell from the photo, the Braille is only a fraction of the size of the OEM battery. I think I have saved about 30 lbs with this change. Will be dropping another 50 lbs in the back once my x-pipe is installed. Love adding lightness!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Intersting, Dave. Any issues with loss of charge, or non or slow starts? What's the longest you've left it without a tender hooked up, and did it start?

3. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No issues, but I always leave the car on a tender when it's at home.

4. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Well. I’m back. Almost 4 years later. Was having good results with the Braille battery but I haven’t had a chance to drive the car in maybe 5 or 6 weeks I believe. This perhaps the longest I have gone without starting it.

I had the car on the battery tender and had the green light but not enough juice to start the car.

Not sure if I’ll stick with the B2015 or switch to the B3121. I was hoping to get 5 years out of the battery since it’s always on the battery tender and not started too often. Still not bad. I really like the weight savings.