Can Ferrari put the wrong paint code decal under my hood? | FerrariChat

Can Ferrari put the wrong paint code decal under my hood?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ds599, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ds599

Ds599 Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Q100
    Guys, just got a F599 HGTE from a local collector with warranty and inspection done by local dealer. As I login to the owner website, the color of the cars says Rosso Scuderia but the sticker under my hood shows Rosso Corsa. From my eye inspection, I think mine is the Rosso Scuderia but I am asking the dealer to confirm now. What’s the chance the sticker was wrong? I am very surprised. I have done inspection and the paint looks perfect. What do you guys think? Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makuono likes this.
  2. flat-12

flat-12 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2011
    Germany
    Your car is Rosso Corsa compared to the F12 in the back - I would suggest.

By the way beautiful color and painting!

You can buy these color sticker for eg at Eurospares - but I dont think that someone made a joke.

Caphill likes this.
  3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    You really can't go by the owners web site. According to it my F355 had black carpets. The build sheet says tan. The window sticker says tan. The car say tan.

If it looks like rosso corsa, it is. Rosso Scuderia is more orange (right below).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ds599 likes this.
  4. Ds599

Ds599 Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Q100
    Thanks guys. So in my case looks the the website is wrong and the sticker is right. Does it matter? Should I get (if that’s even possible) Ferrari to change the record? Not sure if that might cause confusion down the road.

Yes I love the color and the precious collector kept it in very good condition :) putting on some ppf over th bumper and hood as I got a few stone chip already over first run;) plan to drive it whenever I can ;)

5. Ds599

Ds599 Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Q100
    Makuono and tomc like this.
  6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    looks Rosa Corse

7. Ds599

Ds599 Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Q100
    Thx guys. Dealer confirmed the color indeed is RC332. Very happy with the color and condition! I guess not much I can do about the owner website info

8. hen

hen Rookie

Sep 28, 2015
    Hong Kong
    Very nice car and spec! Was this the 0 hand one sold at carcity last month? My friend and I saw a very well maintained one there and apparently we were the last to see it before it went to a lucky new owner

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Ds599

Ds599 Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Q100
    Yes indeed. Very well maintained with most key items replaced already; the HGTE package was lovely to help with handling for a car this size. Had put on almost 800 km since then :)

hen likes this.
  10. hen

hen Rookie

Sep 28, 2015
    Hong Kong
    These collector cars only come up once every few years, congrats again on the great purchase!

Even with 800km you are still well below 10000km

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app