6 Speed Conversion | Page 7 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    No... that’s what you wish I was saying because you can defend that position. I own Ferrari’s. I own stick shift cars that are not Ferrari’s. Therefore I’m a “gated person” as One4Torque says. I understand the fun of a manual. I don’t understand someone paying $60k - $70k more for an aftermarket stick swap, 2007 430 with 20k miles than a comparable factory F1 430. I don’t believe anyone is doing this.

Flea7 likes this.
  2. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    To the 911 turbo, I have a 2008 convertible stick shift. Reason for stick is back in the day the automatic transmission was not good. I'm not a manual prefer but in that combination I'm definitely convinced that manual is the better choice.
    Well back to the 360, I certainly understand why people are converting towards stick. I disagree on the 430 as mentioned earlier.
    The more I think about it 360 converted with some CS flavor, that might be the 8-cylinder weekend toy I'm looking for!
    What I dig the most on the 360 is this mechanical noise while shifting.
    This was my entry experience into Ferrari.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

one4torque likes this.
  3. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Unfortunately, I STILL don't know what your position is. You are the one who brought up buying Porsche rather than a Ferrari because it was nicer, cheaper, better performing, AND a stick.

Kevin

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Let me know when you find out what it is... I'm going to try to find that dead horse gif around here somewhere..

one4torque, G. Pepper and kes7u like this.
  5. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's my point. Not sure why you're not following. Have you read the thread?

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

nicholasn, kes7u, chris0315 and 2 others like this.
  7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ha! Horse died 10 posts ago.. but I’m enjoying the Malay!

I love you guys! Beers all around. And a zima for my man jas

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    G. Pepper and one4torque like this.
  9. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    nicholasn, one4torque and G. Pepper like this.
  10. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bizarre because someone paid $141k for a 20k mile 2007 430 stick shift conversion? ;)

kes7u likes this.
  11. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    I started the post and will be converting my 430 in March. Dang...could've had a cheaper Porsche? Thanks but no...regardless of the cost/value proposition you eloquently present.

one4torque and G. Pepper like this.
  12. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Eager to see the first aftermarket conversions getting done. I have researched this area thoroughly in the last couple of years and have a complete parts list and there are a few parts on that list... I´m just not sure how a small shop can manufacture all these parts from scratch. I mean, just the gear selector consists of many individual parts. Sound almost too good to be true, i might be a customer down the road but going to wait and see the end results.

13. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    Update...truck picking mine up tomorrow for transport to San Antonio and conversion. I'll hopefully be able to provide pics as the work progresses.

14. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Good stuff. He’s not posted on here for a while (that I know of), so it’ll be interesting to hear an independent account of how it goes, any issues, how long it takes etc.

So is there an official tally on how many cars EAG has converted now?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
  16. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My car has been with EAG in San Antonio since February 8. He is hoping to have it back to me by the end of this month (March). Just an idea of the timeline right now.

Kevin

recoil and brogenville like this.
  17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    My observations show if you are not a paid sponsor here you have let’s call it limited bandwidth here. Better to call them direct if you want updates.

I too am curious about the qty of Eag 6 gated cars running around ‘clack clack shifting’.

18. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    Car was picked up today and enroute to them now. I plan to visit the shop next week to go through everything in person. I believe Art's been spending time in FL recently standing up another shop.

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. DCAT

DCAT Rookie

Sep 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cataldo
    Wondering if there is an update on the conversion, did you get your car back yet? Also, any other thoughts on the factory kit vs. the aftermarket kit? Surprised this thread just died, probably due to the Porsche in the road...….lol

20. Alleykat

Alleykat Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I’ve seen them post cars getting converted on Instagram. $30k seems pretty steep to me though.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  22. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    Since this has been resurrected I'll go ahead and post a short update though I plan to post something longer very soon. I got my car back from EAG a couple of weeks ago then had to take it in to my local shop to repair a broken piece on my top (unrelated to the conversion). The conversion took longer than expected but part of the reason was the shutdown for this pandemic and suspension of work for a bit. But it's back and it's everything and more than I hoped for. I, for one, love the engagement of actual shifting and not just pulling a paddle so, while it may not be for some, it is for me. I went with the non-OEM kit so cost all in wasn't near what some folks here talk about. I'm not sure folks could actually differentiate between OEM and non-OEM but maybe there are those who are experts and can. But I've driven factory 6 spd 430's and I think this is as good or better. I'll leave it at that for now until I post a longer review. I didn't do this for any actual or possible value...I did it because that's what I wanted...and I love it. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

nicholasn, Bundy, LightGuy and 5 others like this.
  23. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    that’s pretty cool. Refresh my memory, what was the total cost of such a conversion? I suppose if ever had a cataclysmic failure of my F1, I might at least give it a look. Doubt it because I really like the F1, but anywho...

24. rsmitchell10

rsmitchell10 Karting

Aug 21, 2016
    Atlanta
    Parts were around 13k...plus labor. I had some other work done while there so my labor cost was higher than I would've been but not even close to ridiculous. But I would suggest talking with EAG to get an estimate. The quality of the work is excellent.

billy.gif, Kevin Rev'n and mathewr like this.