Becker Bluetooth Module & Rear View Camera | FerrariChat

Becker Bluetooth Module & Rear View Camera

Discussion in '360/430' started by becausephilchow, Nov 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Anybody seen this before? Seems like a nice alternative.

Wondering how you would pair your phone and stuff though. Straight from Becker, so, it's very OEM+ Integration I would think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Streaming-Interface-for-Ferrari-Becker-Radios-2000-2008-BAS-BLUE-BKR-/252324773151

If nobody's got any experience with it, I may just order it.

Secondly, anybody have any experience with a Rear View Camera? Maybe I'm just too used to have one, or at least sensors. I was thinking of getting something that's very OEM-like, in the rear view mirror. Not looking to change my Headunit to a flip out, or anything aftermarket.

Thanks in advance!

2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Looks like a universal Bluetooth module with a Becker sticker on it. The only thing that looks OEM is the plug that goes into the back of the radio. Really all you need is that plug connected to an 1/8 inch stereo Jack. Then you can plug anything you want into it such as a $25 Bluetooth module that you can get anywhere. As far as pairing goes, I'm pretty sure even with the Becker unit everything would have to be controlled from your phone ( so just audio). I don't believe there is integration with the controls on the radio. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Dale

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    +1, the seller appears to have the name "becker autsound LLC" but is not related to Becker the car stereo manufacturer...
    Not saying the product may have some merit.

Blacktopracing, I believe you are correct. I am using a Apple IPhone lightning cable adapter for my Becker Cascade 6112 and run everything through the Aux input off my IPhone, but must use the IPhone to control the music and GPS audio. I would assume any Bluetooth streaming adapter will have the same limitations when running through the Aux input, as the OPs posting suggests.

BlacktopRacing likes this.
  4. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Dale,

Yup, I'm well aware that anything would still have to be controlled through my iPhone. Was just hoping there is a better option than having to plug in my phone everytime I get into the car.

However, I looked into the Becker CD to AUX Mod that a lot of people do, and, that gives you an AUX-IN, whereas most Bluetooth to AUX Units need a female AUX to plug into it. So, not sure how to actually connect the two? Or, if somebody can link to a good Bluetooth Module that allows for an AUX-IN, that'db e great too.

I'm happy to use a separate BlueTooth Module, been using those in my other cars with no issues, but those cars all have factory AUX-IN Ports, heh.

5. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Oddly, if you go onto Becker AutoSound's website: http://beckerautosound.com/ -- It actually has a link right to that eBay store, which leads me to believe that it's legit?

Unfortunately I use a Samsung, so no Lightning for me, but yes. Agreed on the limitations, that's fine by me. Just looking for a way where I don't have to connect a cable everytime I hop into the car, I'm OK with having to change songs and what-not through the phone.

6. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I just had my 360 head unit replaced after the original failed. Got Becker to do the swap. Their US facility is in NJ. I had them add the Bluetooth module as part of this. Works great! Streams music and sound from navigation apps, but no microphone or use during phone calls.

7. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I guess this is the same module that they install?

How do you connect phones to it? Sound Quality and everything is good? If so, going to order it, will post a review of it afterwards!

I did some searching, seems there's an App? But, not sure if that applies to this BlueTooth unit.

8. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Yes, they are legit. I have purchased a couple items from them. You can also call them, they are very helpful.

9. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Sweet! Thanks a lot.

10. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    808Forza likes this.
  11. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Oh, that looks just as good, if not better. I assume you also press the "CD" Button? But, how do you pair it? Says the Module is hidden behind the dash?

12. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    Yes I pulled the radio, unplugged the CD changer and plugged that in it's place (you have to unplug all the CD changer cables or it will still think it's connected) and pick aux and it works great. Wouldn't even know it's there.

Then on my phone I just connect to "SKY INTERNATL" I believe it's listed as and start playing music.

13. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Perfect. Do you happen to know which Headunit we actually have?

Is the the Ferrari Traffic Pro? But, they seem to list a few different part numbers?

14. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    To connect to it you go to the Aux mode and pair the phone (at least the first time) with the Bluetooth ID they provide. I can't recall what it was but it was simple and worked the first time. Sound quality is outstanding. No idea about an app or what you would even use that for.

808Forza likes this.
  15. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Anybody know exactly which model of radio I have?

Without pulling the radio to check on the back?

Attached Files:

16. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Looks like you have a BE4372 which falls on the compatibility list at the link given by bsawler. If you go eBay you'll see Ferrari models similar to yours and it lists model number. The decal label is on the right side closest to the glove box compartment.
    I happen to have a LCD display with fiber optic camera and took a peek at mine which is BE6105 and it's on the list too. I just ordered. Thanks Bsawler! Can't wait to to remove the iPhone cable which also has an adapter to the newer lightning plug.

17. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    What are the Pro's and Con's of the Discount Car Stereo vs Becker BT adapters?

Thanks

18. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    I can't speak to the Becker module as I don't have it but

Pros for the Discount Car Stereo module:

It's cheaper

It works well

Installation was ridiculously simple

Cons:

There's no control from the headunit other than volume. I'm not sure about the Becker unit but with this one you don't seem to be skip tracks for instance, or play/pause. That all needs to be done from the phone.

It's not "official"

19. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Ended up order: http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLU-BKR235.html

It's the same thing it seems, but, it also adds Handsfree Calling, which...for the extra $40 seems worth it. Might never use it, but might as well.

Will keep everybody updated once I get it installed!

20. HavingFun

HavingFun Rookie

Jan 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    John St.Clair
    Did you ever install the BLU-BKR235 Hands free unit? If so, how did you like it? Where did you locate all of the features like the speaker, On/Off Green button? Did you have a CD changer, did that still work? Any thoughts on comments about adding this devise to my system would be appreciated.

21. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Yes, I ended up installing it. Works great, allowed me to keep the OEM Unit. I mounted the little Phone Button by where you reset the Trip Mileage Counter, works great there.

If by speakers, you mean the Microphone, then I clipped that onto the Sun Visor.

I didn't have a CD Change, so cannot comment on that.

22. HavingFun

HavingFun Rookie

Jan 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    John St.Clair
    Wow, thank you for the quick reply. I like that location for the little green button. If it is ok, I have a couple more questions.
    1. When talking, do the responding voices come through the car speakers?
    2. When talking, does the unit turn off the radio like it would in a car equipped with a Hands free Bluetooth so you can clearly hear the person talking to you?
    3. Were there any lost features of negatives when adding this unit that you didn’t like?
    4. Was installation basically pull out the OEM unit & plug & play in the back of the OEM unit? Anything special with that?
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge & experience.

23. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    1) Yes, mine comes through the Car Speakers.

2) Yes, the unit turns off the Radio like a Hands Free BlueTooth System.

3) Nope, everything works exactly as I would like.

4) This, I cannot 100% confirm, but, my shop said it wasn't anything too difficult to install, so I reckon it should be pretty straight forward.

24. HavingFun

HavingFun Rookie

Jan 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    John St.Clair
    Thank you again for all the great feedback!