458 Exhaust Mods - Tampa Bay Shop | FerrariChat

458 Exhaust Mods - Tampa Bay Shop

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Paul Tomey, Feb 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul Tomey

Paul Tomey Rookie

Sep 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Tomey
    Waiting for my new to me 2013 458 Spider to be transported here to St. Pete. I've pretty much decided to start with headers and high flow cats, leaving the stock muffler and valves. I'm not sure what brand although there are lots of opinions on FC about that. I have a Tubi on my 360 and I'm in love with it. I just found out from Ferrari of Tampa Bay that they don't really specialize in installing aftermarket exhausts. They said, "they can do it, and they've done a few over the years."

What I'm really looking for is a shop within 100 miles of Tampa Bay that specializes in aftermarket exhausts for Ferraris and does them all day long. Any thoughts?

2. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    I'll be surprised if you find a shop that meets your criteria of " does them all day long." I belong to a Ferrari owners club and to the best of my knowledge all the exhausts are stock. If you want, send an email to David Feinberg <[email protected]>. He's an excellent mechanic who specializes in Ferrari's and he's in Bradenton. Good luck with the 458. It's a fantastic car even with the stock exhaust.

JanStuart likes this.
  3. Paul Tomey

Paul Tomey Rookie

Sep 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Tomey
    Thank you sir! It was more of an expression than a precise set of criteria. I've emailed the gentleman in Bradenton. Love to hear more thoughts from around Florida!

4. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Another person you can talk with is Gabe Morales at European Exotic Center in Clearwater.

Paul Tomey likes this.
  5. Paul Tomey

Paul Tomey Rookie

Sep 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Tomey
    Update on David Feinberg, he's setting up a new shop in Lakewood Ranch and isn't taking any clients until May or June. He also recommended Gabe at European Exotic, as did many folks on FB.

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Paul I live North of St. Pete & own a (15) 458 . Personally the stock 458 with the Capristo switch & the stock muffler is sweet. This is the first of my 6 Ferrari's that I truly felt this way. The power band as is is very good. What are you attempting to achieve with your mod.

7. Paul Tomey

Paul Tomey Rookie

Sep 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Tomey
    Just sound. I like the stock 458 sound but I went for a ride today with Gabe from European Exotic in a 458 with Capristo cat deletes, Capristo exhaust and stock headers. It sounded sublime. They are working up the quote. Thanks all!

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Go over to European Exotic in Clearwater. They do more of what you are wanting than Tampa Bay Ferrari. They do really good work, clean place. A good friend of mine who is on his 7th Ferrari uses them and Gulf Coast Motor Works down in Naples and has had excellent service on many mods for 458's and 430's.

Here is there web link: https://www.europeanexoticcenter.com

9. version5

version5 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2014
    Australia
    With the ride that you had with the Capristo Cat deletes and Capristo exhaust, did you notice any fuel smell (fumes) due to the cat delete?
    Did it have a CEL issue or do you know if that car had a reflash to deal with the CEL issue?

10. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    mdrums likes this.
  11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Rich , are you going to the Tampa F Owners Club event on Sunday the 16 th ?

12. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Hey Rich...this is Mike....we met at Sebring at some PCA and Chin DE's and you came to my house in Apollo Beach ( I have moved since) and went for a ride in your Ferrari years ago. Well I have a 488 now....really debating on taking it to the track. Thinking maybe I will just go instruct with Chin and do 1 or 2 sessions in the 488 to see how it feels and all. If you go out anywhere in your Ferrari let me know..would love to meet up with you. See ya!