Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection | Page 61 | FerrariChat

Sultan of Brunei's Car Collection

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by masterflex164, Dec 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    ???

2. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
    anunakki and marko.urbac like this.
  3. marcospace

marcospace Rookie

May 10, 2019
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco Spaziani
    GT1Forever and marko.urbac like this.
  4. MaxiMarks

MaxiMarks Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Maxi Marks
    I can see 2 of those AMG R129s in the Brunei garage (with the same yellow/red combo) in the pics released on Instagram a while back. According to a magazine article posted on this thread, it's one of Prince Jeffri's sons who has a thing for the canary paintwork; if you look closely, even the windscreen wiper & tiny headlight wipers are finished in yellow!

marcospace likes this.
  5. BruNei_carFRe@K

BruNei_carFRe@K Karting

Dec 7, 2006
    Germany
    Photos had to be taken in the same spot/Brunei. Same dude in those pictures.

6. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Lol, what? That is 100% F1.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    It's not canary paintwork. Yellow and red represent Brunei National colors.

marcospace likes this.
  8. sclark

sclark Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    It's been a few years since I've visited this thread. Some very cool additions. Thanks to those that were able to contribute and did so.

One thing to remember about this collection - many complain that it's an absolute crime to own a collection this big and let so many of them rot, but you have to remember that they were ordering specialty cars and entire runs of "one-off" cars at a time that the economy absolutely sucked. McLaren wasn't selling many cars at $1M a pop and the automotive media was salivating over Bugatti having financial trouble. The cars may be rotting but I suspect they kept a LOT of specialty car manufacturers going and kept a lot of people in the industry employed during those dark years, especially in Britain. If anything we should be thanking them for that.

9. marko.urbac

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Good point.

Carspotmunich.de likes this.
  10. tedzwedz

tedzwedz Rookie

May 15, 2004
    York & London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edward Towers
    That is a very very valid point, he was RR, Bentley, Aston Martin etc biggest customer in the gloom of early 90s recession

Carspotmunich.de likes this.
  11. Colefamily702

Colefamily702 Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Cole
    is there by chance any recent updates?! im new to this thread and website but am OBSESSED with this! Does anyone think he coud have brought some cars to his las vegas estate? i live in vegas and pass it almost everyday on the way to work! Would love to know if anyone has ANY information on that! thank you everyone!

dinoSP likes this.
  12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Get a drone..…..

Marcel Massini

DGPF, marko.urbac, technom3 and 2 others like this.
  13. Colefamily702

Colefamily702 Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Cole
    i actually have some people here that might be able to get e into the actual estate. You can see it on google maps so i dont think a drone would show us anything. The way the estate is set up he has his own enterances but its also part of a VERY HIGH End neighborhood. will have updates soon if i can get in!!

14. MaxiMarks

MaxiMarks Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Maxi Marks
    Wow, if that's true, please keep us posted (and if there's room for 1 more, let me know!). The only cars from the 90's I have seen still in use in Brunei are the Bentley Buccaneer (my personal favourite) & a 456 Venice. With regards to outside of Brunei (which are still in use by the family) are the Bentley Continental R Limo (there's a vid on youtube of the Sultan arriving at Buckingham Palace) and the Bentley Highlander (with Prince Jeffri's initials on the plate). Several F40s/F50s & a 456 Venice have been sold and brought over to the UK (as have other marques like Jaguar & AMG). I occasionally walk past the Sultan's house in London but have only seen a BMW E38, Mercedes R230 & a vintage Rolls (not sure of model).

15. Colefamily702

Colefamily702 Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Cole
    theres always room for more my man! if yo are ever in vegas let me know!! i talked to my guy today and he said withing the next 3 days he will let me know WHEN i can tour the estate!! HE DIDNT SAY NO!! i will let everyone know exactly the date i tour! I am also trying to plan a trip to Brunei soon. I only have 1 conect in Brunei but i AM AND WILL get into the compound if anyone has and GREAT contacts in Brunei please let me know!

16. Colefamily702

Colefamily702 Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Cole
    sorry for the horrible typing my son was messing with my laptop whille i was typing

17. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Something very interesting that I just found on Instagram in the background of a picture.

The picture is taken in Brunei and appears to show a 4x4 - which is not a Bentley Dominator - with a Rolls-Royce/Bentley 'face' on it.

It is a totally new car to me and I keep a fairly close eye on Brunei cars!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT1Forever and marko.urbac like this.
  18. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Apparently should be one of two Bentley Blazer by Jankel.

19. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Looks like a Chevy Suburban someone grafted a Silver Spur nose onto. Again with the exquisite taste... :rolleyes:

DGPF and ChipG like this.
  20. Colefamily702

Colefamily702 Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Cole
    I honestly don't know what to think about that picture! it honestly kind of looks like a Brunei replica maybe? All the pictures i can find all have different side view mirrors. If you look closely you can see the side view mirrors are actually formed to the body. BUT i do see the front end you are talking about. After just a quick research i found these pictures. ( one picture is very small but if you look towards the bottom right corner there is a yellow car that looks kind of like it. My thing with the picture is still the side view ,mirrors are contoured into the body and does not look like stock rear view mirrors. Now that i look the first car is the same car in the third picture!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It's a different vehicle.

The grill surround is not the same as well.

The biggest give away is the back glass is too long. Making the truck entirely too long.
    The front door glass is a completely different shape.

I would actually say the truck in the reflection is based on an 02-06 Escalade based on the length and curve of the rear fender as well as the seats inside as well as the roof line and the antenna.

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    cc8s posted already it's a Bentley Blazer by Jankel. Wing/side mirrors are identical to one in this link. Likely made 4 door custom as he did to other original 2 door cars converted to 4. http://www.bentleyspotting.com/2007/10/bentley-blazer-by-jankel-robert-jankel.html

23. Colefamily702

Colefamily702 Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Cole
    so its not a Brunei car? Does anyone have recent info about the collection or other pics? Would love a little update on it!! If anyones interested this is a GREAT YouTube video. Near the end it goes through all their Brunei F1s. 6:35 is when it starts about Brunei but the whole video is super cool.

Jasonberkeley and ChipG like this.
  24. edwinke

edwinke Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Edwin Klinkenberg-Evans
    Thanks for the love on the video!

In fact this thread is one of the reasons I decided to include the Brunei part. Tomorrow there will be a new CT animation video solely about Brunei F40s. Some info is new info from Paollo Garella previously unknown as far as I'm aware. No new photos/footage unfortunately, but at least more info to stoke the fires of interest!

Edwin from CT.

GT1Forever, cc8s and BJK like this.
  25. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Cheers Edwin. Looking forward to it!