Pista Spider factory gift | FerrariChat

Pista Spider factory gift

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by leopoldo, Feb 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Anyone knows which gift will be delivered to a pista spider’ s owner ? Key box with metal car model or painted model or ... nothing ?

2. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I got both.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If your dealer tells you that nothing is coming, ask him if your model is on his desk or on display in his home.
    To tell you the truth, mostly when these models "fail" to show up, it's not a question of Ferrari not making it, it's a question of who's desk or shelf it sits on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds, leopoldo and Rrr1 like this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Pretty crappy to do that to a new car buyer. Not cool offering a pre-owned with one key either but that's the original owner not wanting to let go.

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Exactly. I never understand why someone would hold on to a second key. That's just idiotic, but I've heard of that too.

The thing about sales personnel, GM's, etc. grabbing the models for themselves, is just down right ****ty. That's stealing someone's property, common thievery. There was a case some years ago where some of the boys from Maranello visited a dealership, and upon making the rounds at the dealership, they found a huge collection of these cars in the office of one of the employees, and he was kicked out, and had to return the models to the clients.

of2worlds and Solid State like this.
  6. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Besides holding on to the 2nd key, some owners will even hold on to the car cover and charger when they sell their F car so they can sell it seperately on ebay for a few extra bucks.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Car covers, tools, keys, luggage etc. It's the usual B.S. I'm of the opinion that unless anything else is stated when purchasing a used car, if it is listed as complete, or there's no mention of missing items, I'll back out of a deal if the dealer or previous owner suggest I need to pay for a new key, owners manal or the like. If the missing items was mentioned prior or in the add as part of the deal, no biggie, then I know what I'm in for. But this crap of springing this stuff on a buyer as a bit of a surprise? B.S.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    More owners “ keep / lose” these items between transactions than an entire dealership of employees ever could.

I’ve used e-bay and Ferrari Chat to round out my Ferrari room and have never once considered grabbing a clients items for myself.

Another thing to consider before you make assumptions is that Ferrari’s suppliers don't provide the selected items before said car has been delivered to the 1st owner , traded back in or resold in the open market, and tracking down said current owner would be difficult. Is it the Dealerships responsibility to spend man hours , shipping cost, etc to track down a second owner ( Or 3rd ) or a wholesaler who had a car, so that owner can have the gift, to then have that owner keep it on their shelf ?

I have been trying to track down owners for various items I’ve found for years with no luck. Unopened items as far back as the small photo book from the F430 days!

Not saying it doesn't happen , but I wouldn't assume the worse either.

To be clear I agree that all items associated with a Ferrari should stay with that Ferrari as best as possible.

Steve
    ( Dealership Employee )

Autolove likes this.