1985 Hayashi Racing "Palace" wheels — a couple questions | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1985 Hayashi Racing "Palace" wheels — a couple questions

Discussion in '308/328' started by damntall, Apr 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. damntall

damntall Karting

Jun 15, 2018
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Wright
    Your silver wheels look to have the correct hardware, but the thick coating of dirt on the rear flange nuts makes it unclear. Can you clean a few of those nuts up and take another shot? I'd love to see them.

I'd also love to see the flange nuts on the gold wheels, too.

Yes, wheels get rebuilt all the time with non-original hardware. And from the factory (naturally) variations to colors and paint and metal styles are what abound per the spec of the customer's desired order.

What does NOT abound, though are variations in embossing, as the Hayashi Racing name was embossed in every Hayashi-made piece. Thus, if a nut is not embossed, it's non-factory-supplied, and therefore probably aftermarket and/or the wheel has been rebuilt.

308Dadoo's gold wheels have been rebuilt with what appears to be non-factory hardware. The silver ones look correct, but hard to tell with dirt. Hopefully he'll post some updated photos of the flange nuts on the gold wheels, too.

2. damntall

damntall Karting

Jun 15, 2018
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Wright
    Not sure whether you got an answer further down in this thread to your question, but the definitive answer is:

It is pure coincidence that Hayashi Racing Equipment and HRE share the same initials. The founder of HRE himself has stated to me that HRE stood for Howald Racing Enterprises.

miketuason likes this.
  3. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm thinking about running the silver set on my car for awhile so I will take some pics when I remove them.

damntall likes this.
  4. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just a thought, but you might be taking this a bit seriously.

5. damntall

damntall Karting

Jun 15, 2018
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Wright
    Just a thought, but you might not know the difference between "facts" and "information".

I'm just stating facts. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to participate.

6. damntall

damntall Karting

Jun 15, 2018
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan Wright
    Awesome! Would be a fun exercise to see what's on the other side of them if you ever happen to have them off. Enjoy... and great looking car!

7. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I know the difference between those and a number of other words, amazingly enough.