458 - Rev9 high flow catalytic converters with stock exhaust | FerrariChat

458 Rev9 high flow catalytic converters with stock exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SPOM13, Feb 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    Hadn’t seen anyone review these Rev9 cats yet so thought I would:

Pros:
    1. Titanium
    2. Affordable
    3. 200 cell
    4. Car sounds stock in sport mode until valves open
    5. Cruise speeds sound like stock
    6. 2.5 lbs vs 13 lbs
    7. Perfect fit
    8. Nicely finished
    9. No codes (I did use spacers provided on request) but they said it was unnecessary.
    10. Sounds amazing in Race mode. It is significantly louder and decel pops and crackles are accentuated. (Big smile here)

Cons:
    1. Doesn’t change the pitch of the sound
    2. A lot of work if looking for a different pitch bc you won’t get that.
    3. The spacers they provided didn’t work with my mini cat extensions(I bet they would worked fine without mini cats with or w/o extensions. I purchased ones that were approximately 2inx2in elbows. Cheap. I didn’t wanna take a chance of having to take bumper and exhaust off again.
    4. Driver side 02 sensor doesn’t have a lot of slack. Had to remove one screw hanger under left air tube for more slack.

Overall: worth it if your looking for the same standard, amazingly awesome, Ferrari sound at a higher decibel level for about $1500

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daflk likes this.
  2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Titanium cat pipes? Either that’s a typo or you probably should get an exhaust from a company that knows what they’re doing

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why not?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    Yep Titanium. They did eventually throw codes though

5. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    So, I must ask, why didn't you want to do a new exhaust? Which WILL change the tone, and be more F1? Or are you doing this in stages, and then will keep the high flow cats on with a new exhaust down the road?

6. SPOM13

SPOM13 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2015
    I’d just read that changing the cats gave some more volume, so I wanted to see how they worked out; I like the tone and it’s hard to hear exactly on videos. The car sounds amazing and louder now only when I want it to be. I’m a little hesitant on changing the muffler bc I don’t want it to be loud on the freeway to work. Planning on Kline, but wanted to look forward to it too.

7. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Cool. I've heard pretty much every system on these, as I'm in the business and a dealer for all types of parts. The Kline is one of my fav's for the price. Even with the exhaust you don't get drone, it's just much more glorious sound. You may find after a bit you'll crave more and the exhaust swap will be the cherry on top.

8. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Kline is one of the more quiet aftermarket companies. Minimal difference volume wise than stock if you just change the muffler portion. You can also get their Inconel Button which is their valve controller to better control volume.