How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation | Page 6 | FerrariChat

How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

For those who have 100% confirmation from your dealer, how did you get your 488 Pista allocation?

1. Long time Ferrari client. My dealer offered me a Pista with no additional purchase required

87 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. I bought/leased a Lusso in return for an allocation

25 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I purchased a new 488 GTB/Spider and was offered a Pista (with or without a trade-in)

27 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. I bought a used Ferrari in return for an allocation

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Other

41 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #126 boobernackle, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    That can't be the case, so you're saying that Ferrari increased total production AND is decreasing shipments to the Americas? China must be flooded with Ferraris then. So why are similar Ferrari cars, if not more, being produced for the Americas compared to years ago?

ANY manufacturer will simply send a product to where the customer is, if your dealer has the allocation, they will get the car. If a dealer's allocation, especially one with limited sales like Ferrari were to actually decrease, you bet your dollar the dealer will be up in arms and file complaints left and right.

I see no dealers in the Americas giving up their franchise agreements with Ferrari.

2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    a lot of speculations in this thread
    better worth Numbers of allocations in each country
    the allocations in France of Speciale and Pista are identical
    the most important is the local market :
    A North American Pista won't go to Europe and vice versa.
    Idem for Chinese Pista

3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Anyone know how Ferrari handles celebrity purchases?

Different rules?

4. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Cant speak for all celebrity requests, but the one that I'm aware of involves a first time Ferrari owner actor that decided he'd like one after seeing one of mine. I will not name the model (or the actor), but the time period for most new purchases was 18 mos at the time, but he had it "new" in his garage within 4 months. Not that big a deal, other multiple F car owners have received similar treatment based on what I've seen, and been told. (Don't think he could do that with a Pista, but hey, anythings possible when you're dealing in LA.)

Jim

5. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    BTW, I "play" in the biz as well, but not in front of the camera, so no additional visibility for Ferrari by giving me an allocation!:(

Jim

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Ferrari has always catered to royalty, world leaders and celebrities. It was one of the shrewd ways they built their brand and they are wise to continue doing so.

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am sure they are HIGHLY selective which 'celebrity' they get favored treatment too. Celebrities ain't what they used to be!

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Very true. One thing I have noticed about some Ferrari driving celebs (who’s names I won’t mention) is that they clearly acquire their cars on the secondary market. They are obviously not the types that Ferrari would invest anything into.

9. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Correct

11. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I see. 918 VIP owners don't get first dibs on everything. There are rules regarding ownership including first refusal.

12. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Whatever; even in the face of first hand ownership/manufacturer/dealership evidence of word presented, you still know better.

Adieu.

13. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    They get FROR, allocations come from different pool. Who's your cleaning lady? The 918 VIP Program is transparent enough.

14. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    The curious thing is that there aren’t any PISTA SPIDER for sale in the EU market , zero . There are only some fake ADV without real picture . I think this car was sold by Ferrari only to quite reliable customers that use to keep it and not to speculate on it , moreover in very few units ( seems true under 800 prod pcs ). Ok the car is not anymore a N/A engine but it is the first “ speciale version “ with a Turbo engine , so quite precious IMHO.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    There has also been quite a long time between the first Pista and Pista Spiders deliveries - so while the Pista Spider is clearly in scarcer supply than the Pista, it remains to be seen what will happen when it will have been on the market for the same time the Pista has been now.

16. I had to give up my left testicle.

Downside is, well, I no longer have all my family jewels.

Upside? Makes buying underwear easier.

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  17. mustangtornado

Dec 19, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Not sure if corporate wide policy, but all US dealers had paperwork at delivery that you had to commit to retaining car for 6 months before reselling. the US pista spiders about to hit secondary market.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They were still sold under the radar.

boobernackle likes this.
  19. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Pista spider is out on secondary market (just saying for anyone interested).

20. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #145 boobernackle, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Pistas are being produced a lot, 6 months ago I got flamed for saying the V8 assembly line production is overwhelmingly Pistas. Keep in mind Nico posts videos within days of recording, at least he was able to record, I would've been kicked out for peeling off the stickers on my phone! You can see the majority of cars still being produced on the V8 assembly line are Pistas.

Skip to 5:15 mark:

With the situation in China, US Ferrari dealers are getting ample Pista allocations, some they are having trouble filling, but Spiders still seem to be sacred for now. Pista is easily still the best regular production car Ferrari has ever made... hope this gives more hope to those "denied" allocations that there's still plenty of chance to own yours.

21. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    That paperwork is only to protect the dealers in case Ferrari corporate finds out the car is being flipped, hardly ever enforced and easy to get around.

22. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    There’s one selling under msrp now on EBay. If anyone digging the high spec with blue carbon.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    How do you know that content isn't 6 months old? Just curious.

24. Is this what we have become?

Scrutinizing background from a video about a one-off car from Ferrari to glean some intel on how many potential 8 cylinder cars Ferrari is making to then make an extrapolated "educated" (and I use that term in the loosest way possible) guess about how many Pistas the gremlins at Maranello are making?

Really?

This is like watching a news conference with Lewis Hamilton after the Monaco GP and noticing that some person in the background is wearing a Lange instead of a Patek and then coming on to a forum and proclaiming that the house of Patek is about to crumble. Run, run. Sell all your Pateks now!

25. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    From my knowledge I think pista and pista spider will stop production in 1 month . Are u agree ?