Any 2 Channel Stereo freaks here? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Any 2 Channel Stereo freaks here?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by life@8500, Oct 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is my system and it does sound live with certain tracks/ recordings, not all are created equal, if the track was recorded live, or with live instruments it sounds that way if not it does not but, there seem to be enough tracks on tidal that are recorded live or with live instruments to get me through, system is not crazy expensive as below:

Ayon s-10 signature: £10k
    Asr emitter 2 exclusive version Blue: circa £30k to £35k
    Tannoy kingdom royal carbon: £60k
    Cable's: home made on the kitchen table but core is mundorf gold silver, solid core 1.8mm with wbt next gen heads

Wraps up to around £110k but sounds much better, I do get a very live analogue sound from this system without a turntable which I imagine would add 50% to system cost.

Nothing compares to sitting on my listening chair with my son on my knee and knowing he loves the sound to, its a great connection I have with him when we listen together
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bobw likes this.
  2. bobw

bobw Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    BobW
    I have been upgrading my system over the years. I don't plan on replacing speakers anytime soon (if for no other reason than because they weigh 2,500 lbs. However, I have been upgrading the electronics over the years, especially the DAC. The PS Audio Directstream is a phenomenal DAC for a very reasonable price (US$6k).

SCFerrari and PTG1 like this.
  3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lol I thought mine we bad at 120 kgs each I have to move into a new house I'm building in 3months before I move back to my main house I'm building and dreading the move, you better make sure if u want a new house you build them around the speakers not the other way round

4. bobw

bobw Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    BobW
    Yes, it is no fun moving a big set of speakers, is it! I've moved mine a few times. However, we built a new home a few years ago which includes a dedicated listening room. We don't plan on moving again anytime soon.:D

PTG1 likes this.
  5. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I definitely wouldn’t want to move any of my stuff either - between weight and damage control , it would be a lot of work building crates etc ..

PTG1 and bobw like this.
  6. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The guys I bought them off said they will come and move them for free and they are in the area all the time so let's see if that promise comes good

SCFerrari likes this.
  7. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Here is my set up:

Mc 2700 pre amp
    2*611
    Planar 8 rega
    Wilson Sasha DAW
    Nordost Frey purple.

I just recently got back into hifi. Mostly due to vinyl. I wanted something spectacular, even though my house is only temporary and we don't live here forever.
    Whenever we move (maybe 2 years) to the west coast I'm looking forward to set up a system for my office with a super warm blend. Maybe accuphase e 800 or MC 285 plus sonus faber.

So far, the combination Mac and Wilson is absolutely satisfying. Made in the US. Not that I would care much but it is impressive that those companies are still out there.

My profile is classical music but also jazz and modern classic. Funny because, I grew up with electronic music. I grew up close to Berlin, where lots of electronic music was around. Meanwhile I'm a bit tired of that since the quality of all that David Guetta garbage is annoying.
    Paul Kalkbrenner and such are still around and hopefully continue what they do but there is just to much trash in that segment these days.

Any questions, let me know!
    The wiring is not finished yet. Again, we just moved in, speakers are still on coasters. Once my little one is out of the hospital I have more time to play.

Best

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

cairns, miketuason, NbyNW and 2 others like this.
  8. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Really nice set up!

chris0315 likes this.
  9. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I to listen mainly to jazs and modern classic as it is very hard to find other stuff recorded well enough that the systems doesn't expose every flaw in it but, occasionally I do find new tracks that are well recorded and try to keep a list of them to expand the horizon a little

10. bobw

bobw Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    BobW
    What a beautiful system! I'll bet it sounds fantastic! If you are looking for a great mix of audiophile recordings and have Qobuz look at: PS Audio Reference Playlist. If you have Tidal the playlist is: https://tidal.com/playlist/8c771da4-688f-4d3d-a13f-d936524737a7

PTG1 likes this.
  11. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    David_S, NbyNW, energy88 and 2 others like this.
  12. bobw

bobw Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    BobW
    Very nice system and excellent photos. Wire management is impressive, or were photos taken without speaker wires, interconnects, etc.?

13. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  14. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for noticing. Yes, they are connected, When constructing the room, I mapped out speaker and component locations and ran large wire conduits with long radius sweeping elbows under/in the slab floor and stubbed up into the wall adjacent various equipment. I did multiple paths/optional crossings etc so that I could basically 'reconfigure' my set up anytime in the future. It looked crazy under the slab due to all of the 'optional' paths I created and the contractor thought I was crazy as well, but it's worked out perfect.

NbyNW likes this.
  15. bobw

bobw Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    BobW
    Super impressive. I did the same thing with the construction of my dedicated listening room. It makes such a difference to not have wires all over the floor!

SCFerrari likes this.
  16. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
  17. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Love the "inserts" in the ceiling and the fireplace mantle.

18. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'll have a new listening room setup in the next 3months and will post pics, it certainly won't looks as good as this but should be nice enough. Congrats on this room and system, looks fantastic, hopefully you find more time to listen, I think we all have that issue spending so much time working and making money only to find we have no time to use the stuff and just keep earning and buying even more of it, at the end of our day's we will have the most amazing collections of items we never used it's a shame really but I find my passion is in the work anyway so having fun collecting along the way I suppose

19. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    It's just funny to have listening rooms and not listen. I came across this phenomenon quite often. I much rather have a system in my living room with compromises but a real use case.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Very well done, rare these days to see an audio room that is separate from video. Did you consider recliners rather than sofa style seating? Did you add sound reduction materials to the interior of the walls, ceiling and floors? Which is your favorite component?

21. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    We have those to lol got to have everything

22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I need to try Qobuz or Roon. Comparing the Tidal app to Tidal thru Bluesound recently and thru BS is so much better, huge difference. Not sure what’s up with the Tidal app alone.

23. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Very nice!
    Hope your little one gets home soon.

24. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Roon works great for me with Tidal.

NbyNW likes this.
  25. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    I know everyone is raving about Roon but I use bluesound for streaming and I'm really happy. I dropped Roon, bc I'm satisfied with BlueOS as a stand alone.
    I guess Roon is just really the thing if you have music server and multiroom. Which I dont use. I only use streaming and vinyl.