Own a Lexus? | FerrariChat

Own a Lexus?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Innovativethinker, Feb 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  2. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    ”Toyota has announced it is recalling 696,000 cars, crossovers, and SUVs, including various Lexus models, because of a fuel pump that could stop operating. The problem could cause stalling, potentially resulting in a crash. “

so at high speeds the car just shuts off.

not a small problem, and they apparently have no fix. The dealer says it only involves those made in Japan.

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    What state is she in?

4. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Florida

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This sounds way worse than when the BMW e92 335's came out. I didn't experience the issue until 65K miles, many had multiple issues before 15k. Luckily all it would do is put into "limp mode".

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I
    I'm unfamiliar with the lemon laws in Florida but if the car can't be repaired in 30-45 days in most states and can not be driven it usually qualifies for lemon

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    It's apparently a priority thing. This was posted on Club Lexus last night and confirms your SL's experience. At least dealers are giving a consistent answer.

My 2018 was included in this recall. Unfortunately, when I got in touch with the dealership about bringing my car in for the fix they said that even though they have received the new fuel pumps, they "have not released them for the RC's yet". I was told they will start working on these cars within the next couple of months. Definitely not what I wanted to hear. Image Unavailable, Please Login Trying to hold back on driving as much as usual but it hasn't been easy lol. We shall see how this plays out.

As I've said in other threads: Lexus has lost their mojo. Example: POS base radios in ES 350s and unwillingness to correct after two model years and extensive public complaints.

8. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    We have a 2019 RX and got the recall notice. Next time we see near a dealer we will get it fixed.