Need a PPI in Chicago area | FerrariChat

Need a PPI in Chicago area

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by LivingthedreamBAB, Feb 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LivingthedreamBAB

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRIAN BUTT
    Anyone have a good reputable person in Chicago that they know of that can do a PPI. Not looking for a crazy detailed inspection just a mechanic who knows the cars and can tell me it is a "heck no" before I make the trip up there from Cincinnati.

I have owned a few Porsche and this will be my first Ferrari so don't want my first dream car to be a nightmare!

Appreciate any recommendations!

2. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    In my opinion the top independent Ferrari mechanic in the Chicago area is John D'Avola at Autosprint, phone: 773-685-0930

3. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Which model are you looking at?

If you are considering getting the new power warranty from Ferrari (the only warranty you can really get on a used one) it might be worth your while to do the PPI at a ferrari dealer up here so you can then get the warranty and not pay twice for an inspection (Ferrari requires an inspection fee before you can get the warranty)

4. LivingthedreamBAB

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    BRIAN BUTT
    I ended up pulling the trigger and buying the car. Now for fluid changes and then once the weather warms up will start enjoying her.......although just looking at her int eh garage is extremely enjoyable!

WJC likes this.
  5. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Congrats! What did you get? Pictures? :)

WJC likes this.