How to get a Ferrari factory tour | FerrariChat

How to get a Ferrari factory tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 96redLT4, Feb 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    OK. Before I get jumped on about using the search button here, I did search 'factory tour' but all of the posts were old and pre Ferrari publicly traded company. I wanted to see if there was any new relevant information. There is a nice thread recently about restaurants there. I am going to Italy for the first time in July and was interested in a tour. I don't own a Ferrari yet, but am looking around. Do you still have to be an owner with a VIN to get a tour? I did find a site that puts you on a shuttle bus to the museum and then a drive by the Fiorano track for 24000L (however much that is) but no tour of the factory. There is really only one day on a Monday that I could do it, so I am not real hopeful. Anyone with recent thoughts or info?

2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hiw to get a factory tour:

Step One. Buy a Ferrari.

Step Two. Develop enough of a relationship with a local, or even a long distance dealer that they are willing to sponsor and pay for your tour.

Step Three. Once you receive your confirmed tour date, book flights, hotels, and dinner at Montana.

IloveGT, pilotoCS and 96redLT4 like this.
  3. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    ^^^This plus you don't have long as you should apply to your dealer about 3 months prior to your proposed date.

pilotoCS likes this.
  4. proggero

proggero Rookie

Apr 18, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul Roggero
    Follow the steps listed by Rosso328.

One other option for scheduling a tour is to join the Ferrari Club of America. They have done a lottery for their members over the past two years offering a factory tour. I was lucky enough to be selected. You will still need to own a Ferrari to be considered.

Caphill, pilotoCS and 96redLT4 like this.
  5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Nothing officially has changed from what you posted in your OP. The other "tour" you speak of with the Bus ride remains the only option for non-owners.

96redLT4 likes this.
  6. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    OK guys....simple as that. Thank you. I guess I'll plan to go to the blue grotto in Capri with the wife and kids instead

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just in case other owners are reading this, if you are a member of the Ferrari Club of America they have had tour spots for free last year and this year.

Caphill likes this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It's still worth it to visit Maranello. You may visit the museums in Maranello and Modena. The various shops such as Shopping Formula 1 and Warm-Up are great. You can still go to the Ristorante Montana. Too bad Ristorante Cavallino is closed for a renovation.

96redLT4 likes this.
  9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    You can visit Maserati and Lamborghini and pagani ..all available without the fuss ..just send emails to them for reservations ..there will be a cost ..while there visit cheese, procuito and vinegar producers

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

10. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Hmmm...

Matt

11. Penguin

Penguin Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
    Hey guys, I own a Ferrari and am going to Italy in 2 months. Unfortunately with my travel group we won't have time to visit Maranello. Just wondering,
    So I have a Ferrari for just under 3 years. I've had it serviced twice at MAG (Ferrari dealer in Columbus, OH). I wouldn't say I'm buddy buddy with those guys, I just contact them when I need to set up my annual service. I have a question about Step 2 above. Does the Ferrari dealer have to pay for my tour? If I own a Ferrari, could the dealer vouch that I own one and I could pay for my own tour? Obviously, if the dealer wanted to pay for my tour I wouldn't turn it down, but I'd be willing to pay my own way. I'm actually going to Italy in 2 months, but unfortunately my travel group is only going to Rome and Venice and I won't logistically be able to go off on my own for a day to visit Maranello. Thus, it will have to be on another trip to Italy.

12. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Google you tube: Ferrari factory. Pretty good video. I toured the factory twice, recognized parts of the video. The official tour you get to see the F1 dept. and Ferrari customer race cars. I was fortunate in 2016, wife and I were the only ones on the tour. Got a little souvenir from the leather dept.

13. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I believe 2 months might be too short any way! Remember Italy basically shuts down in August, So plan ahead for next time.

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    For owners you can go to any authorized dealer and get a tour booked - but you will have to pay for it. Its up to dealer if they want to cover the charge -I think its E380 - $425 US. if the dealer does not want to be bothered - you can contact Ferrari NA.

Non owners.. .the only tour is the bus tour from the museum ... I believe it takes you through the factory but you don't get out. The real Factory walking tour takes you in and out of the engine assembly building - and the finishing area .. up and down stairs. then over to client and then to the F-1 factory... to the museum and then you end up at the Ferrari shop with a 20% discount for the day. if you are there make sure to buy one of the Maranello only shirts...

Pagani is gift shop tour only - Lamborghini is museum tour which is right there at the factory. its a rotating exhibition. Maserati is about the same - not sure if they do factory tours... its right down the street from Enzo Museum in Modena. Both museums are worth the effort ... the one in Maranello is amazing - take your time lots to see.

96redLT4 and V4NG0 like this.
  15. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I was there in May and your info on lambo and Maserati is incorrect ..just need to reserve factory tours ahead of time

Pagini also has a factory tour ..not much to see but still a tour ..it concentrate on carbon fiber production

Unless something changes since last may there is definitely a factory tour at all those places .. I really enjoyed the lambo one

I saw Ferrari lambo Maserati and pagini when I was there

16. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #16 flash32, Feb 15, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  17. Penguin

Penguin Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
    Read my post again. I said I am going to Italy in 2 months, but didn't plan on visiting Maranello. I'm going with a group of people set on Rome and Venice, so visiting the Ferrari factory wasn't part of the trip. I will have to book another trip to Italy to visit the Ferrari factory, and I was asking the question for a possible next trip to Italy. Later in this year I want to visit Spain, and hope to carve out a day or two to visit Maranello, so hopefully will be able to squeeze in a tour then :)

18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

When I contacted Pagani for a Tour- it was for either owners - Press or prospective owners. .... so I just did the gift shop - museum part...

for Lamborghini it was either you had to make the tour in advance like 2-3 Months ( this was summer so lots of requests ) if you just show up the museum is first come first served.

My Ferrari dealer is a Maserati dealer he stated for owners & needed a chassis #... at that time did not seem there was a charge for owners. ... but in the end its well worth it.

19. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I agree all three I made 3 months in advance and Ferrari thru dealer 3 months in advance as well

I did state to Maserati that I had a Ferrari and a few other cars on application

Pagini was just fill out a application and pay .. no other info

Lamborghini was just to select a date and pay as well

The links I gave above were extremely useful and got me to seeing the three .. the Ferrari dealer in Tampa got me the Ferrari owner tour