HELP! California Glove Compartment Light Stays On | FerrariChat

HELP! California Glove Compartment Light Stays On

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Larick, Feb 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Larick

Larick Rookie

Dec 19, 2016
    Hello,

Had some work done on my Cali by a Ferrari dealership. After picking it up, the glove compartment won't align properly and close. Because of this, the light inside stays on, killing the battery.

Any thoughts on what I can do until I can take it back to Ferrari?

Thanks!

2. Larick

Larick Rookie

Dec 19, 2016
    Astrid.Didier likes this.
  3. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    HI Larick,
    I have my Cali glove box removed whilst i finish a radio install (dragging on now as i decided to have everything made of carbon)
    Please look at the attached pictures.
    You will need to remove the bulb to stop the battery drain until you get it back to the dealer unless your feeling brave and handy with a tool box as the switch that you have found cannot be adjusted without the removal of the glovebox.
    See the picture with the arrow that is where the light unit needs to be prised and don't worry if you break it as they cost $3.00 to replace (seriously) i renewed mine and fitted LED bulbs whilst stripped.
    I have attached photos so you get an idea of what your looking at.

Cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. oldman1982

oldman1982 Rookie

Jun 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Harris M
    i experience exact problem after visiting dealership. compartment wont fit in properly and light inside stays on. what to do ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    The dealership has re assembled the glovebox incorrectly - take it back as the glovebox will need taking out again to rectify.

Cheers Andrew

oldman1982 likes this.
  6. oldman1982

oldman1982 Rookie

Jun 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Harris M
    i fixed mine myself. its fairly easy, there is a latch inside the compartment that actually can be unscrew and adjust it more. i adjust it more deeper by 0,5 cm inside, it is now aligned

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app