458 - Suspension lift retro-fit | FerrariChat

458 Suspension lift retro-fit

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HertsTif, Feb 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HertsTif

HertsTif Rookie

Dec 7, 2019
    UK
    I'm looking to get a 458 Spider but many of the cars I'm seeing do not seem to have the front lifter option. I've got quite a nasty driveway and so I think I'd feel peace of mind having this feature just in case. I was just wondering, is this option retro-fittable? And if so, what sort of price are we talking? Or do I really need to be narrowing down the cars I'm looking at to ones with it factory fitted?

eskanday likes this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The lift is available from Ferrari as part of the "Genuine" program; I have no idea about the price but a Ferrari dealer should provide it as it's part of the available equipment list.
    https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/ferrari-genuine-accessories/equipments/000000000000002/detail/P000000124/

3. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’m in the same boat bruddah, my driveway entrance requires a Sherpa guide, oxygen tanks and Mt. Everest worthy climbing gear to prevent dragging and damage.

Therefore, I limited my search to models with the lifter option already installed and I’m glad I did... I understand that it can be retrofitted by a Ferrari dealer, but if you can find a car with the options and spec you want - with the lifter included, then you are sitting pretty!

Cheers and good luck to you in your search!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

HertsTif likes this.
  4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Novitec used to have an aftermarket version, but I don’t know if they still do.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. HertsTif

HertsTif Rookie

Dec 7, 2019
    UK
    Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I'll try and find one with one but it's good to see there are factory, Novitech and also another Japanese company I can't quite recall for options

6. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I do not have the lift and have never had the front drag on anything. There is more room than you think. Test drive one to your house and try your driveway!

7. HertsTif

HertsTif Rookie

Dec 7, 2019
    UK
    It's a great idea, but unfortunately there aren't any for sale near enough to me that I could return home and back again on a test drive without them thinking I've stolen the car :)