488 - Radio Tuning Question | FerrariChat

488 Radio Tuning Question

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ronc123, Feb 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronc123

ronc123 Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Ron
    When I turn the radio on and begin exploring its features, I can create my favorites (List) and use the direct tuning interface to find a specific station. Shouldn't I be able to spin the rightmost dial to the left and right and select a particular station? As I turn the dial, the FM station frequencies would be displayed as I move up and down the radio spectrum. I must be missing something. Thanks for your help.

2. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    Let me know when you figure it out. Its got me baffled as well.

3. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    I will look this weekend. Must admit, I've never used the radio. Solely Spotify, a USB stick (max size 32G) or wired iPod.

4. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Hello ronc123 -- I checked the radio turning on my 2018 488 and it works just as you would expect. Right hand dial will allow you to select higher and lower number stations. Once selected, that station plays. I did find that the cursor must be on the List icon -- if you go to the left or right of that, it selects Favorites or the Most Powerful Station. First time I used that knob! Good luck to you.

5. ronc123

ronc123 Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hello FPFaeth. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I got it to work!!!!

6. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Congratulations. (Should you try to use the USB connector, I found you can connect an iPod of unlimited size but a thumb drive has a max size of 32G. Why the difference, no one can say.)