Will we finally have a worthy world champion? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Will we finally have a worthy world champion?

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, Feb 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    We sure could use some of that legendary "Ferrari International Assistance" Ferrari haters love to talk about. Where have they been for last 12 years???

MalcQV, furoni and Nortonious like this.
  2. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Try the Juventus forum and try slagging off Ronaldo.
    They will track you down and knock on your door ;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Do you have any evidence that the Tifosi do want a black man as WDC ?

4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Demi-god? He's A proper God Sir ;)

BTW it is Schumacher or "Schumi", not "Shumi" :) :) ;)

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ha Ha, thanks for the correction, i'm referring to the typo;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    It's all good my friend! :)

ktu and Nortonious like this.
  7. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    #57 Nortonious, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Are you kidding me? So you presume racism until it is disproven?

Nice. Indirect ad hominem. Are you and Mitch friends?

F-Chat has been overrun with trolls quick to cry out to the mods with their thin-skinned whines to get diehard Tifosi banned. Safe space indeed.

kes7u, Isobel, stavura and 2 others like this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Watch out. I won´t report to mods but I suppose you know that you´re crossing a line there.

kes7u, SimCity3, Isobel and 4 others like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    As i said, when people lack arguments they turn to the "racism card", and i have found that more than often those claiming others are racists are the ones that indeed think that way.

kes7u, SimCity3, Isobel and 5 others like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah here we go again, double down on the accusations that tifosi are racist!

Back up your statement. Quickly.

kes7u, SimCity3, Isobel and 6 others like this.
  11. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    You have some serious issues if that's your way of thinking bud.

Bas, pilotoCS, kes7u and 6 others like this.
  12. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You're taking race baiting to a new level. You made the accusation that the tifosi are racist, then proceeded to ask for evidence they're not. Sorry, but the burden of evidence rests on you, not the tifosi.

Bas, kes7u, Isobel and 4 others like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I hear the crickets, but not any kind of proof, will give him more time to dig them out!

Nortonious likes this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    So Elton is already crying about his chances, saying how much worried he is about his engine...keep crying little mermaid, cause if the REd Bull or the Ferrari are any good you're fish food!

stavura likes this.
  15. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You say these things repeatedly, with no proof, and constantly get away with it.

YOU are an idiot. And I hope I get banned for that. It would prove even further where the moderators' sensibilities lie.

Kevin

william likes this.
  16. If adult Hamilton's concern about the Merc failures is "crying", then what the heck do you call the childish quote above?

kraftwerk and william like this.
  17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    One thing I know for sure is, in the time I have been participating on the F chat F1 boards, Mr Hamilton sure appears to bring out the worst in folk, and that's real a sad fact.

As far as I am concerned Hamilton is more than a worthy champ, he races every corner, great at wheel to wheel racing ,It's his racer's instinct that makes him so good, and makes him the want to beat, like or hate, depending on your own inclination.

Surfah, ktu, lorenzobandini and 2 others like this.
  18. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    It begs the question “Why?”

The level of vitriol that is hurled towards him is genuinely unexplainable. He has arguably done more for the sport, in terms of exposure, than any other driver since his rookie year. This very thread is an example of him being singled out(obviously because he is champion) by a Tifosi yet in other threads these same people claim it is his fanboys that always bring Hamilton up. The reality is that the incessant back and forth is killing the F1 forum.

I lurked here for years, before registering, and would read some great discussion. But now you have a handful of people that can’t let their extreme bias (regardless of the “true” basis of that bias) go. My favorite drivers are Hamilton, Albon, LeClerc, Russel , Ricciardo and my longest favorite is Kimi. I enjoy seeing them all compete and understand that F1 is a team sport. Skill for skill Hamilton doesn’t need to be the best. He just needs to be the best in the best situation. Just like almost all team sports. Is skill for skill is Brady a better QB than Marino, Elway or Montana? hell no. But execution is a skill as well and given his situation, Brady executed. Can’t hate on that. Yet hate is dispatched towards one person incessantly here. Well, 2, if Vettel keeps spinning.

If you were to be given the transcript of all the drivers, based on how people discuss hams radio transmissions, you should dislike everyone. They all f’ing complain all the time. “Crapilton, Elton, Crybaby, Fish Food,”... some people here need to get a grip. I dislike Vettel since his RB days, I’d never dedicate the amount of time/effort to bashing him on any forum that people do for Hamilton here.

I think the mods see through the Tom-foolery and that is why certain people get banned. Not because they’re anti-tifosi or pro-ham or whatever bs some want to perpetuate. It’s because at a certain point, regardless of this being a Ferrari forum, you can’t point the finger at the other side and complain while conducting the exact same behavior.

19. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It couldn't possibly have anything to do with him being nowhere from 2009 through 2013, then him being characterized as an untouchable god since 2014, can it? If Vettel secured that Mercedes spot, he would probably have nine or ten championships under his belt, and he is not a better driver than Hamilton.

I don't hate the guy at all and know he's one of the best drivers in F1, but I highly doubt putting him in a Ferrari would secure a championship.

375+, stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ferrari have not worked well for anyone including FA. FA could have had 2 titles in a lesser Ferrari F1 car. Team fail.

The car matters even Max has stated so. The car matters and the right driver in the right car matters. Period. You need the skill to take advantage of it as well.

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  21. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    absolute revisionist history about Hamilton between 2009-2013. Even then people were talking about his ability in a "lesser" car. If I recall correctly, Hamilton is the only driver in this era to win a race in every season he has competed. That is FAR from being nowhere. His contemporaries exalt him. Only people who are not, have not and will not be in F1 denigrate him. When Hamilton went to Mercedes everyone was saying it was a mistake... now its he only won because he's in a Mercedes.

Team sports is about winning with your TEAM, if you're on a bad team then tough luck. Ferrari cost Alonso and Massa titles. For much of 2018 the Ferrari was on par with the Mercedes and in crucial moments you saw the difference between Hamilton and Vettel. Bottas finished 5th in that Championship. Yet everyone keeps saying anyone could win in the Mercedes. Hamilton is the face of Mercedes at the moment and he along with the team are formidable.

Its like that with any team sport. Patriots win, Brady gets the credit. When the Cavs won, LeBron got the credit. Thats what happens when you're the man on your team. If Max wins, he'll get the credit. Not sure why that concept is hard to grasp for folks. As quoted above, the car matters, the team matters. Put everyone in an equal car and the only person currently driving that would be a challenge is Max and maaaybe Charles. But max makes far more mistakes than Hamilton and I've yet to see Charles really perform because of the team.

Even all that considered, is it really worth making threads directly denigrating him and calling him out of his name and all manner of nonsense that occurs on this forum. We talk about his fashion, his ex-gf, his radio transmissions, his jewelry, his social media... we talk just as much about things that aren't related to racecraft as we do about him on track. Its no wonder why people question the root of biases(I'm not calling anyone racist before people get all worked up). If you don't like the guy, don't talk about him but yet we have certain posters that continue the vitriol week in and week out.

spider_s, ktu, fer312t and 1 other person like this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton is **** in a lesser car, the raves about him winning every year are just blindfolded fanboys...in those years Mclaren had a pretty decent car, and from time to time, the best car in a certain race, that's all. Please show me Elton winning a race in a car that compares to Sebs Toro Rosso, or Michael's 96 Ferrari...i won't go any further back because there are more obvious cases.

stavura and Bas like this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    My respects to you sir, i hope you don't, because you're a Tiffosi, a brave person, and the kind of fan this site should have , unlike some Trolls that wonder around this place.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Keep Crying Lorenzo, i'm pretty sure at least 2 people will like your posts.

Bas likes this.