Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 145 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Do the headlights also suffer from this, because they seem to have that same type discoloration? Maybe it's just because of the camera?

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    It’s the ambient lighting and the camera. The backlight and headlamps are just fine.

Zlaatan and OSUferrari like this.
  3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Until the battery is dead

4. Karelg

Karelg Rookie

Nov 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Karel G
    I've seen this to be a problem on the pre-production cars. Maybe they fixed it for the actual production cars. I've seen one in person as well and it was better but it could develop over time because of the heat. Either way, me personally, I'm not a fan of it. To me it distorts the look of the engine bay. But I know there are people out there that absolutely love it.

5. Karelg

Karelg Rookie

Nov 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Karel G
    I've seen this to be a problem on the pre-production cars. Maybe they fixed it for the actual production cars. I've seen one in person as well and it was better but it could develop over time because of the heat. Either way, me personally, I'm not a fan of it. To me it distorts the look of the engine bay. But I know there are people out there that absolutely love it.

6. Karelg

Karelg Rookie

Nov 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Karel G
    I'll buy your Pista windshield. I hate the Lexan on the F8

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3607 Shadowfax, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    You mean rear glass? I’m not gonna sell my windshield to anyone! I need that!:)
    And the lexan does not distort the view - well not the one i saw out of. I thought it was a very nice touch! It felt solid and glass like.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, SAT4RE, stavura and 3 others like this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What wheels are those?!?

9. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    of2worlds likes this.
  10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    elmadi, of2worlds and stavura like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Looks like they belong on an Infiniti.

Kami777 and Shadowfax like this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Not on the one I test drove.

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Don't see it and I have seen 2 F8 and neither had any issues with the Lexan.

14. Agreed.

People who worry and complaint about the Lexan glass are the same folks who complain about the door handles.

SoCal to az, G. Pepper and jm2 like this.
  15. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Yeah, just unimaginable that someone would have the audacity to hold a differing viewpoint as yours is the only one that counts.

Boomhauer and MANDALAY like this.
  16. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Maybe we should read through the F40 thread and see how many owners hate their lexan engine covers and wish they were different? That might put in perspective how much one should worry about the F8's.

Drson and Ash Patel like this.
  17. jacinto jardine

jacinto jardine Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2011
    australia
    Full Name:
    Fly 458
    Monday was a great day:)

My first impressions on the F8 came to fruition at Sydney's Eastern Creek. My dealer provided the invite, FAU provided 2 cars , Rosso Scuderia and a darker version of Gr. Silverstone ( Opaco) .It was a well organised 2 day track event whereby current and potential clients were grouped into 4 x 2hr slots ensuring everyone had a decent drive with trained instructors by your side.

The car is very fast, make no mistake your passenger will leave their lunch behind. As it has already been noted it is not Pista visceral but offers up more than the 488. Pista owners shouldn't worry about the extra 200k premium despite some carry over components making its way into the F8. Bang for buck the F8 will tick lots of boxes and for me it looks way better than the GTB.

The hot tube certainly works, even with helmut on the engine/cabin noise is loud, much louder than in the GTB, although on approach into turn 1 and carrying some speed, most of the onlookers commented on the lack of engine exhaust noise, some even saying it was subdued.

Halfway into my session the heavens opened up big time, both cars crawling back into the pits due to the poor visibility and streams of water across most of the track. I have to say the water leaking into the Lexan cover openings was heavy, but if you do get caught in a heavy downpour don't freak out.

It was WET mode from that point on in my remaining session time, enough positive first impressions to start serenading the wife...o_O

18. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I'm just back from driving the F8 at Fiorano.

I've not had much time in either car, but for me the most noticeable difference between 488 and F8 is the more linear power ramp of the new car. 488 seemed to hit with a wall of power, while F8 is more progressive.

Obviously a very quick car, but one thats been engineered to be manageable on a daily basis.

One mans manageable can be another's desensitised, so welcome to 2020.

bluesea and of2worlds like this.
  19. Karelg

Karelg Rookie

Nov 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Karel G
    What I meant was that the slots in the Lexan take away from the view of the beautiful engine. I just don't like it. But that's my personal preference. I know some guys love it. I'd rather have a glass or Lexan without the slots in it.

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I love the way it looks!

Coincid likes this.