Ford v. Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ford v. Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Randy, Apr 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I believe that "Grand Prix" also won the Oscar for Sound Editing, so it's in good company!

2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    RIP RANDY

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Mrs. Rosso and I just watched it on the weekend, and we both really enjoyed it.
    I was a bit concerned that it might have been a big rah-rah, USA, Ford good beating the big bad Ferrari, but it really wasn’t. If anything, Ferrari was a side story.
    The suits at Ford were painted as the bad guys, which in this particular story they definitely were. And boy did they ever come across as a bunch of *******s.

As a previous poster suggested, the story really was based all around Ken Miles. So it’s hard to call it anything other than a tragedy.
    They did take their fair share of artistic license with some of the historical facts, but then again, I don’t think they ever claimed it was a documentary.

MalcQV likes this.
  4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm sure I'm not the majority, but it was straight Hollywood.

Entertaining to a point, but kinda meh.

ago car nut likes this.