F355 Market | Page 142 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Looking forward to it.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/355-chip-tuning.111618/#post-135896709

G-tech from 2006 doesn't really compare to what we have today as far as accuracy.

You've quoted the 12.5 number before which was from the previous owners G-tech and also stated F430 was in a different league of acceleration altogether.

Now stating you run in the 11's at over 120 puts you at F430 acceleration and is simply not possible.

I love the F355 as much as anyone but lets get real here :D

tres55 likes this.
  2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    That's for someone to worry about once I'm dead.

tres55 and Jon Von Bon like this.
  3. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Standby for some paperwork.

INTMD8 likes this.
  4. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #3529 Jon Von Bon, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Jim, I believe I quoted that stuff to you when we did this 2 years ago. The tuning was done by the previous owner who put a nice bit of work into the car including properly refurbishing the interior. He had a claimed Dyno result of 446 HP which had been posted and took a bunch of **** from the hens on the forum.

Carmine is a very likeable guy and I am glad I bought his car. It is awesome. But Carmen can’t drive his way out of a wet paper bag. I however am the Stig of 355 driving.
    Probably not, but I am great.
    Gator Greg and his 355 now owned by that other 355 nut in SoCal will probably tell you that it’s the fastest track weapon he’s ever seen. Watch the videos. I believe him.

Carmen probably started the car in second gear lol.

The 430 is 500 HP out of the box with a 4.3 litre engine and that car (as I have stated here), is a whole other league. Having said that, it’s just over 50hp more than my 355. And has a great big fatbass on her. I don’t know what the weight differential is but it’s at least a grand.

I have done some other mods to the car in which I have seen improvement to increase an early power band and seemingly less hollow pull in the car.

I have added slight weight with the BBk and I’m not a small man at 6’-0” 260lbs. I’m here to tell you I broke the 12 second barrier and my 1st I’ll timed pass was into the 13s. My next two were low 12s and my 4th and last pass was an 11.975 time. That is .5 seconds faster than my best run 2 years prior.

Everyone gets flames for awesomeness. So go ahead. Flame me.

5. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    He didn't claim a -dyno- of 446hp, he claimed the "G-tech" resulted in 375hp which "I think calculates to 446bhp" in his words. Incorrect.

None of your numbers make sense.

As for your 1/4 mile times, no proof = didn't happen.

tres55, MAD828 and JSinNOLA like this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Looks like it will be a few months before we see a time slip...

7. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Never gonna happen Ken.

tres55 likes this.
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I was looking forward to seeing what he would come up with. Looks like he self-destructed on purpose so he wouldn't have to come up with one. I see what you did there Jon Von Bon.

9. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Mr Greg sure drove that thing and yes it's a beast!!! I been working on her for some time and she's sure is running perdy :)
    This video says it all, Dude drive the pants off it

mclaudio likes this.
  10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That's a great video. Nothing sounds like a 355.

11. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    #3537 275GTB, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    oh dear, i rarely ever slag anything off, and am firmly in the camp of each to their own, its your car do what you like with it, but on this occasion.......
    what a great example of how to turn your 355 in a look-a-likie kit car
    the interior is absolutely hanging, the worst quality workmanship i have seen in a long time.
    why the fuel tank in the front?
    https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/1998-ferrari-f355-spider-convertible-celebrity-owned-custom-interior-sound-system-c-6542.htm#details-56

this will take a lot of money to get back to presentable - all the stickies, complete interior, replacement seats, who knows what's been chopped to fit the sound system and move the tank. the plastic thing over the soft top cover is horrific.

having money is clearly no substitute for taste on this occasion, but i bet the dealer is looking for a premium because of the celeb ownership

Robb likes this.
  12. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    just read the description - reads like the convertible top has been completely removed - deleted
    aftermarket 19" wheels
    have the brakes been changed?
    and it come with one key - which is missing the Cavallino
    Are the rear under tray/diffusers missing

whoever done the work on this as a lovely selection of low milage genuine parts in the store room

13. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Bruce Canepa did the conversion long ago. Fuel tank in front because they added nearly 15 inches to the car for Shaq to fit. I was talking to Bruce about fitting an NBA client in a GT3 last fall and this car came up in conversation. Canepa has done over 30 “Big Man” conversions for tall guys in Porsche’s, Ferrari’s and Lambo’s. That was definitely an early trial, as skills and knowledge got better with subsequent attempts. He even did a car for Jordan - Porsche - and he was only 6-9” but all in the legs, LOL.

I would fix stickies and drive it. At 6’4”, I would have room, like I was in a Suburban!

I remember this car being featured in Cribs back in the day. Shaq loves cars and all of them are modified for 7’3” (he may be 7’2” ??)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'd always wondered if he had stuff modified...or if he just had them to have them.

sjd

15. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    #3541 Oz-ATL, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Jordan 6’6”
    Shaq 6’11”

I’d love to see what Canepa is doing with the seats and seat rails these days.

16. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    Nice video indeed. Racing is a great way to show how much these cars can be pushed and used in spite the negative chatter from non-owners.

SoCal1 likes this.
  17. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    No one is buying that car because they want a great 355, they are buying it because they are a fan of shaq.

I really wish there were some pictures of these big guys in these tiny cars, must have looked silly lol. Even with the seats modified.

I wanna know why they put 235 front and rear? looks silly with such skinny tires.

tres55 likes this.
  18. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  19. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Glad I'm not the only one here calling bull schitt :D

INTMD8 likes this.
  20. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I hit 4 sites and saw 7’1” on all of Shaq stats - without shoes.

Jordan 6’6” well dang. I always thought he was 6’9” and Bruce did too.

We were fitting Boban for Mavericks - 7’3-3/4” with shoes off! About $20k plus for mod. Full floor cut and lowered with seat sliders moved way back, dash, drivers door panel and column all modified. Boban has smaller feet than Shaq, but still giant!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boban passed for now... he was not sure it was worth the money he daily’s a 2018 Range Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  21. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Yeah. One of my teammates in college played with him in LA and Miami. He also will self admit he’s not over 7’. Stats are usually inflated in the league.

Pretty impressive to get Boban that comfortable in a GT3.

22. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    carnutdallas likes this.
  23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
  24. eyeman1234