Soooo... got my new seat covers... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Soooo... got my new seat covers...

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ferraritalian, Sep 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In Vics response, he offered some basic pointers, but mentioned when the covers are installed, they should be started by inserting and gluing the center stripe into the groove in the seat foam, them working outwards from there.

My guy working on this immediately offered some of the four letter words you are referring to in regard to the concept of gluing anything on a seat cover. It would seem I’m shopping for a local upholstery shop. (Where’s the eye roll emoji?)

randkin likes this.
  2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I actually found a very good upholstery shop near my residence and had him do a couple jobs for me which I was very pleased. Patching a couple leather grey MB seat panels with particular holes that had torn with wear. It was way less than a whole new set of seat covers. The job looked perfect matching both color and the same holes in the leather.
    When I recommended him to a friend, I found he had retired and gone out of business. Good to find out about Vic’s as they are not too far from home.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Its a new day as there are definitely modern interiors held with glue bonds, they messed up a section on my Trans Am and declined to adjust it, citing exactly that.

5. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
  6. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
  7. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
  8. Ferraritalian

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, 9 weeks after dropping them at the upholsterer I got them back today. Not sure if the delay was that he is so busy or because of the virus, but they are finally home. They are a little wrinkly, not glued tight like the originals, but given my horrifying trouble with them, I’m thrilled that they are at the shop and will go in soon as the carpet is in. The slightly richer colors really brighten up the car nicely.

Anyone have a line on decent mats that aren’t $400??

miketuason likes this.