458 - Search 458 Racing Carbon Seats | FerrariChat

458 Search 458 Racing Carbon Seats

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Skeet3r, Feb 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skeet3r

Skeet3r Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    France
    #1 Skeet3r, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Hello, I'm French and looking for 458 racing carbon seats (Preferably in size M) to replace standard seats in 458 italia. My height is 1m70 I suppose that the M are more adapted than the L right?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

If someone knows a site or has a contact I am interested. Thanks again for all, & sorry for my bad English :/

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Il n'y a que 10 mm de différence entre les tailles. Large est la taille la plus courante. Désolé pour le mauvais français.
    There is only 10 mm difference between the sizes. Large is the most common size. Sorry for the bad French.

Skeet3r likes this.
  3. Skeet3r

Skeet3r Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    France
    Thank you for your answer ! Ok so between M and L not too much change. So do you know a site or a reseller?

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Look at Ebay.com but do you realize that a set will be over K€ 10, + freight + taxes …

And Eurospares in U.K. may have them ...

5. Skeet3r

Skeet3r Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    France
    Yes I know that it is in the 10k€. I was also told about Scuderia Car Parts, I don't know what it's worth... Thanks for the info!

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How can one check what size racing seats they have?

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Any set will do, it's hardly a difference.

Be glad to get one

Saw several for sale in Germany last year op Ebay.de … K€12 - 20

Maybe ask the oem dealer, cannot more expensive to get them in the factory …

LET US KNOW !

8. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Those are the most comfortable seats made for the 458. Premium.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  9. Skeet3r

Skeet3r Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    France
    I have news from Scuderia Car Parts "As the 458 does not have racing seats you cannot fit them there is no option to do so." Is there a problem no?

Do we agree that we can install carbon seats in any 458 even if it has the basic standard seats ?

10. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I am having a set put in my 2014 458 spider right now at my dealer. I had heated electric seats and the change required two harnesses costing $750 each in order to make the steering wheel and side mirrors move. Will require a proxy file update that the dealer will get from Ferrari. I had the race seats reupholstered and put heaters in them. Also had all the hinge covers and height lever wrapped in CF by MACarbon. Superb upholstery work done by AI Design in Tuckahoe NY. Hope to have the car back shortly.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SVCalifornia and Skeet3r like this.
  11. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
  12. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    They are wrong. It’s an option for the 458

Skeet3r likes this.
  13. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    It's more than 10 mm between M and L.
    I have the M size and I sit a lot better in M than L.

Skeet3r likes this.
  14. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    If you walk in at an official dealer and tell them you want to replace your standard seats with carbon fiber racing ones, the dealer will happily give you a quote for the job, so from a technical standpoint, of course it’s possible.

I have M sized seats in mine. I’m 1.82m tall, weigh 80kg and I fit perfectly, so I’d say M is perfect for you.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Skeet3r likes this.
  15. kfmcmahon922

kfmcmahon922 Karting

Jan 2, 2011
    East Amherst, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin McMahon

Interested in the details of this^^

Where did you get the Race seats?
    What upholstery work need s to be done?
    Do you sit much lower in the car than the standard seats? (this is good as my visibility at 6'1'' is near the headliner for where I position my electric seats (much higher than the "manual" seats in my GT3Rs and Evora GT)
    Are you using Charlie O. at World Wide to set up the proxy file and install, etc?

thanks,
    Kevin

Skeet3r likes this.
  16. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    Hi Skeet3r,
    I am 180cm tall, 75-80kg, and the L size is perfect for me. I have to say I don't track my car, so maybe I just don't notice they are not a perfect fit, but I would do with stronger and quicker driving inputs.
    Based on direct experience I find the racing seats not only better looking but even more comfortable (don't ask me why) than base seats.
    Regardless my opinion I am located in Monaco am I am happy to let you sit in my L seats to check the size, if you like and you are not too far.

Skeet3r and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  17. Skeet3r

Skeet3r Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    France
    Thank you very much I live in Brittany, I come to Monaco almost every summer! I have places for the Grand Prix hoping it won't be canceled with this damn Coronavirus. If you are available it is with great pleasure that I would like to try the seats :D