Who wants replica 8x16” rear wheels? | FerrariChat

Who wants replica 8x16” rear wheels?

Discussion in '308/328' started by derekw, Feb 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi all, I didn’t get enough interest in the forged 17” Stratos/GR4 wheels and the dumping duties on Chinese wheels was also an extra 25% on wheels and shipping.

Plan B is to pay for a casting mould and get 8x16 and 9x16 out of the same castings. These will be copies of the OEM rear 16” wheels with the groove. If I get interest in 20 pairs the price will be about 20% less than the Superformance front wheels. Let me know if you’re interested and if anyone has a damaged rear wheel or one near London I can measure drop me a PM.

marklintott, miketuason and kidryno like this.
  2. dhalter

dhalter Karting

Aug 2, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I would be absolutely interested. Been looking for 16" time for my 308GT4 for years

3. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I'm interested.

4. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    How many do you guys want? I’m going to get 4 (2x 8”, 2x9”.) I’m guessing most will want two for the rear only but I’m not very fussed about the front vs rear design (rear has a groove but hard to spot unless you look carefully and know the difference.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I would want 2 for the rear and I'd get 2 Superformance 7 x 16 for the fronts.

6. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing: You are proposing to make rear wheels that are an exact (or close enough) replica of the 16" rear wheels. This would fix the Superformance problem where the rear wheels look like the fronts. And for an equivalent cost to what Superformance is selling?

If yes, then yes, I am interested in a pair. I would definitely buy.

7. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Yes. They can get both 8” and 9” wide from the same casting so this will also suit those, like me, who want a wider 9” rear.

hyenahf likes this.
  8. Johnv10

Johnv10 Rookie

Jun 16, 2018
    Boerne Texas
    Full Name:
    John Hackett
    Were the originals 7” and 8” wide??
    Curious. I am trying to locate later model 308-328 16” wheels so I can do a brake upgrade.

9. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Yes, originals were 7” front, 8” rear. I’ll get 8”and 9” and will try to get the 8” castings machined ti both front and back designs (very similar) for peopl like me who want 8” front.

10. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I don’t have a 308 at the moment but I may not be able to pass on this deal. Any chance of doing them in 17s or Mondial offsets?

11. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Sorry but the cost of two moulds (17” and 16”) would make the wheels too expensive. I can probably get the Mondial offset (but not the ABS convex wheels.) If you send me the offset I can look into it.