Increasing number of used 812 cars for sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Increasing number of used 812 cars for sale

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Jljr, Feb 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well I think they did that by going public.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My apologies. It's your money. If you want to blow it on hookers and blow, or Ferraris, you should.

Caeruleus11 and wrs like this.
  3. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    And the rest you can waste.

x z8, Frank_C, sampelligrino and 6 others like this.
  4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yes, this is absolutely correct.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You do realize the alternative right? They'd be the cash cow inside the cash strapped FCA that is struggling to find sales volumes and now had to resort to a merger where they will be the second fiddle? What do you think the corporate overlords would do with this cash cow? They'd milk it. It wouldn't be very different. Except they could play even more games as the scrutiny would be a step removed.

McLaren and others have forced the game to change.

I don't think you can use the rules of the game from 2014 today. Life goes on. Keep it simple friends: the best car advice I ever got was buy what you love and can afford.

papou and john a barnes like this.
  7. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    Yes, the landscape has changed and will continue to do so; mostly as a reaction to outside influences. The issues of climate change, fossil fuel emissions, electrification, etc. are among the standouts. What about the preferences of the younger and up and coming generations; are they inclined to desire straight shift transmissions, high power muscle cars, large and noisy Harley motorcycles, and other hold overs from prior generations? Aren’t they more interested in electronic displays and, autonomous vehicles, tech based bells and whistles? Times and wants change as do the Ferrari offerings. I agree with Caeruleus that one should buy what they want; not what they think someone else at a later date may or may not desire.

Caeruleus11 and Dubaicity like this.
  8. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am too late to the party to have ever played the game. I did see how it worked back in 2014 and I wasn't able to get a new Ferrari at the time.

But is it helping or hurting the 812 market? I had heard that it would help by requiring ownership of the 812 to get the GTS.

9. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    See above edit in caps...Maranello tracks this VERY closely when it comes to who gets a GTS.

10. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    I expect next year, when GTSs arrive, many 812 will hit the market

11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I have that part covered. I am looking forward to getting it in the next six weeks or so. The SA told me they would do right by me on the trade for the GTS but I have doubts about how well I will do on the 488 when I trade it for the 812.

12. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I’d say you are doing *quite* well! :D

wrs likes this.
  13. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Slightly off thread but fully loaded a GTS is a very expensive car by the standards of Ferrari say 3/4 years ago. Don’t expect premiums.

uhn2000 likes this.
  14. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    Thanks to all for the great feedback relative to valid reasons for a growing number of 812’s currently for sale, expectations that for sale numbers will increase as GTS orders are filled, and pointing out there are many moving parts as Ferrari continues to introduce additional models. There is, however, another very real factor that has not been mentioned and has the potential to create disruption in our expectations- a global economic recession. The economic growth of the past decade has been unprecedented; I.e., rising employment and wages, growth in productivity, and real wealth created by a booming stock market. Many in their 20’s and 30’s have never witnessed a recession or prolonged stock market correction of 20-30%. When the recession and correction comes, and it will, all bets are off.

Thecadster and rob lay like this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Again, all late model exotics are super soft. Too many nice cars chasing too few interested parties with sufficient dollars. It’s really that simple.

16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Smart people make money no matter what direction the economy goes. Collector cars (etc) took off starting around 08....

Texas Forever likes this.
  17. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    A bit simplified: As long as US has the same president as current, the US economy at least will not be "allowed" to enter recession.... That would jeopardize the reelection....

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with US election of current or next president - nor has I any kind of interest in that process, this is just something I noticed.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That's generally a solid rule to bet on. However, come the first year of the new term, anything goes.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    So for years now the jaded have called the California and T a Sissy car. So in 5 years will all these goofs start calling the 812 Superfast GTS a Sissy car? Just wondering.

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    No.

Adamas, David Begg and Gh21631 like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not at all, the 812 is all muscle. No comparison to the Cali. This is not a slight to the Cali although it's not for me.

gliazzurri likes this.
  22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Not a chance.

gliazzurri and David Begg like this.
  23. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    I completely agree. It seems to me that we are to get used to this rapid new model introduction and an accelerated initial sell off of current models as Ferrari strategy has changed. You see it with 488, 812 and soon enough with the next model. As said above, buy to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

David Begg likes this.
  24. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Actually they took off starting in 1988, and except for some blips have trended upward ever since. Compare 1987 prices --I bought 250 GTO #4757for $1.6m in November (then highest price ever paid), and sold it for $ 3m in July, 1988 (then highest price ever sold), then it began the serious rise when the Commendatore died the next month....never saw $ 3 m again. Awful timing....

25. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Well, it ain't a dress rehearsal......YOLO....