How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation | Page 7 | FerrariChat

How Did You Get Your 488 Pista Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

For those who have 100% confirmation from your dealer, how did you get your 488 Pista allocation?

1. Long time Ferrari client. My dealer offered me a Pista with no additional purchase required

87 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. I bought/leased a Lusso in return for an allocation

25 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I purchased a new 488 GTB/Spider and was offered a Pista (with or without a trade-in)

27 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. I bought a used Ferrari in return for an allocation

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Other

41 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Honestly I could care less about the potential number of cars. My question is how someone determined when the video was made.

2. GoHardGT3RS

GoHardGT3RS Karting

Jan 1, 2015
    Germany
    I can confirm this: I had a factory tour in Maranello last week and there were plenty of Pistas on the V8 production line: I would say it was about 1/3 Pista Coupe, 1/3 Pista Spider, 1/3 F8 Tributo.

My guess is that Ferrari is building much more Pistas than 458 Speciale, capturing as much profit as possible with this highly demanded model without really limiting the number of units of this VS.

A pity!

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In Europe Pistas are already advertised on the secondary market for their list prices (so they are probably selling for less when/if they sell); they are not immune to the current bleak market for exotics.

4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    The point of me posting the prior video was only to confirm the factory tour and what some of us saw... that Pista production is very high, keep in mind relative for Ferrari. Only trying to make sure those that truly want the joy and thrill of the Pista not to give up.

I got flamed hard for telling so many others that no Lusso was required to get a Pista, just a dealer game. Then I got flamed for saying Pista production (all versions) was significantly higher than 458 Speciale. My only problem is that looking past the Pista, there is no other car in the Ferrari line up that I would consider switching to, except the SP2 but that's way over my car budget.

A Pista selling for MSRP, above or below, means nothing to me, it's an epic car that as many should enjoy. Would hate to see others move on to another vehicle/brand and miss out when the tide has turned in their favor.

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For me the Pista is overpriced at MSRP (many argued it was not the case, just because the Pista shoud sell for even higher on the secondary market), so it still is (does not mean it's not special or epic, just too expensive for what it is in my view - if money would be no object I'd rather have an F12 TdF, and for the specific money for a Pista I'm happier with keeping the 488 GTB and spending the difference in various other ways).
    But all people thinking a Pista at MSRP has a fair price should get one without hesitation.

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    If you look that the F8 Order Status thread you will see that a lot of people are waiting longer than anticipated for the F8 orders to be filled. This makes sense if only 1/3 the line is F8.

7. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Video was made on October 18, 2019. Skip to the 10:31 mark and you'll see it posted on the track board.

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Why would you want the F8 when you can have a Pista?

Shadowfax and Gh21631 like this.
  9. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    I truly loved my 488 GTB and Spider, can't blame you for doing what works best for you. With the F8 prices creeping to Pista levels, just not sure why anyone would pass on a Pista, unless they've never seen or driven one?

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Maybe the same reason people bought the 488 instead of the Speciale? I decided I didn't want either after giving it careful consideration. So I'm not the right person to ask.

boobernackle likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not quite the same comparison but get your point. F8 if you want an everyday super car, Pista is just more special. Whatever works.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Everything is overpriced. :)

boobernackle likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

So my guess of 6 months wasn't too far off. I imagine the production line has changed considerable by now - I would think F8s are being pumped out vs. Pista's at this stage.

14. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    please give some current listings for sale that you know of

15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I have seen a couple, but the dealers will not advertise them online. They do not want to fall out of favor with the factory. I also saw a beautiful example at an independent dealer in S FL when I was down for the Super Bowl, that dealer was not advertising the car to keep from burning their source.

16. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I think the price is quite ok for a car like this . We have speak many times of how many pista and pista spider there are on the planet . I think that for a 700/800 units model ( first turbo special car ) the price is quite fair, regarding the market of the pista coupe ( 2500/2800 units built ) , I think that there are price already close to the MRSP only because , this time more than when the speciale was built, there was lot of speculation around this car with many people that ordered it for resale ... and this is the result.. they forgot about the total production numbers and so now the competition on the secondary market is quite huge and if they want to come back quickly on their investments they must lower the price . This is my view , but at the end I don’t think the production of the pista has been much different from the speciale , there were only more attempts of speculations .

17. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Most are new cars, probably from speculators who initially intended to make a profit after a few months of use but who are now trying to sell at a good price as soon as possible, seeing how the Pista market is going.
    My bet is that these cars are not moving at these prices, actual prices will need adjustment.

19. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Anyone on this thread got a pista spider allocation? What were the requirements/criteria?

20. V-ferrari

V-ferrari Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 8, 2018
    Paradise valley Az
    Full Name:
    Vincent Q

I know of a couple available if your interested..
    Send me a message and I will send u a couple that’s ready right now...

21. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    New ones or slightly use?

22. V-ferrari

V-ferrari Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 8, 2018
    Paradise valley Az