For Sale - Very RARE F430 Factory Ferrari Carbon Fiber Air Box Covers | FerrariChat

For Sale Very RARE F430 Factory Ferrari Carbon Fiber Air Box Covers

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by msper, Feb 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very Rare Factory Ferrari F430 air box covers.....very few of these were produced by Ferrari. They were just professionally restored by MACorbon…..they said that they will never restore another set due to the complexity/difficulty of the restoration process. They are absolutely beautiful and in perfect condition. They were never installed after restoration.
    $3000 including shipping within the US.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    These are completely made of carbon fiber

3. Will Williams

Will Williams Rookie

Feb 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    William Williams
    Would you take $1,000?

301-502-0887

4. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Shoot, I would give $1,500 for them but these are OEM!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The restoration cost me over $1000......and they swore they would NEVER do another set again due to the complexity of these boxes

6. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #6 msper, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    These fit both spiders and coupes

7. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
  8. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    did you buy them from a dealer? can you prove theyre factory?

10. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    As a general question why do these need restoration? Heat in the engine compartment/discoloration?

11. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I purchased them from a someone who changed their whole intake system to a custom setup.....and NO BODY reproduces these....they are no longer available from Ferrari and when they were the cost was over $8000 for the pair.

12. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I purchased them from a someone who changed their whole intake system to a custom setup.....and NO BODY reproduces these....they are no longer available from Ferrari and when they were the cost was over $8000 for the pair.

13. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    These intake boxes do appear to be OEM. For the F430 Ferrari made two different carbon airboxes. One type was with the resonance chambers (bananas on the neck) and another was without. Generally speaking OEM pieces have an ID label in the resin however I have also seen original parts without them. Both the airboxes listed for sale here and the ones in the link look like OEM Ferrari bits and I would not question their authenticity. Why Ferrari stopped making the ones with the chambers is anybody's guess but I figure the extreme extra complexity of the chambered boxes was not worth the effort so they eventually made what was easier to produce.

If these were restored by MAcarbon you can be sure that they are as perfect as can be and totally indistinguishable from original. The original price of these are an absurdity that only Ferrari can pull off and I doubt many were ever sold at this price. That said there is a premium to be paid for OEM so it is up to the market to decide what they are worth.

14. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    They are OEM, no question about it.
    My F430 has the same boxes, from factory, as a part of the "CEL0" option (Carbon kit for engine compartment).

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What year cars had the bananas? My 07 spider has the oem boxes and im not sure if they have bananas or not.

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Excited to pick these up for my 06! Cya tmrw!

imahorse likes this.
  17. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks!....look forward to meeting you

18. msper

msper Karting

Oct 29, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mark
    SOLD!!!!!

Auraraptor likes this.
  19. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    Did you guys stop making CF boxes for the f430? I couldn't find them on your website.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes they did

21. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Correct we discontinued the F360 and F430 airboxes earlier this year. The tooling was coming up for replacement and the volumes for these older cars has dropped off significantly making it no longer a viable product to make and inventory. We see this all the time with cars as they age and pass from being the modern option that is modified to a more classic choice where owners start to value originality.

Red 27 and f355spider like this.