430 - Installed OEM 4-Point harnesses in the Scud | FerrariChat

430 Installed OEM 4-Point harnesses in the Scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by Sky Hye, Feb 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I’ve always loved the European Scud’s with OEM 4-point racing harness. I saw two sets come up for sale and I snatched them up. Took a while to do the install but it finally turned out beautiful. It was a pita to do but worth it to me.

I know there are opinions on 4-point but I just us to have them. I retained the OEM lap belt too for safety and regulation purposes.

I stripped the interior. Cut the cutouts in the OEM panels. Drilled the holes for the harness. Fabricated brackets and finally put everything together.

I have an extra set if anyone is interested.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Flea7, PKIM, ShineKen and 3 others like this.
  2. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Well done! Looking good.

3. hen

hen Rookie

Sep 28, 2015
    Hong Kong
    This is really cool. It’s one of my to do lists apart from carbon fiber racing seats, but was thinking it would be a lot of work and cost a fortune...

Approximately how much does the whole conversion cost? (parts and labour included)

4. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Now you need a roll bar the two go together , if you want one a good friend of mine has the factory mounting plates for the roll bar and the roll bar .

5. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I did it all myself.

6. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The worst part of the job I assume are those seat bolts.

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #9 freshmeat, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    I paired my oem scuderia 4-pt harnesses with a 2-pt titanium rollbar that mounts to the seatbelt mounts, everything is non-intrusive and 100% reversible. Like Sky Hye, I wanted an approach that allowed me to still have full use of the oem seatbelts...particularly handy for passengers who don't want to deal with harnesses so I highly recommend it. I also recommend getting the oem harness cushions; makes wearing the harnesses more comfortable, just take the cushions off when you use a hans device.

Highly recommend this mod (if you're so fortunate to be able to source the oem parts, it's unobtainium through regular channels), and imho just makes the event that more of an event.

And oh, above all the performance gains are tremendous.
    Based on established Ferrari formula, each extra cavallino you add to the car is good for +10hp, so w harnesses, cushions you get an instant +100hp!!! 4x from the harnesses, 4x from the cushions and 2x embossed on the harness clasps =D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sky Hye likes this.
  8. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    The ones on the inside. Had to remove the seats. That was fun.

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Just as long as you understand that you cannot safely drive with the harness, without a roll bar, and if your SCUD didnt come with a roll bar you cannot install one either as it wont have the factory chassis welded base plates

10. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Factory Ferrari roll mounting plates are available I found them had them welded in , I know where a set is wright now.

11. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  12. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Nice work Randy