The F50 Thread | Page 86 | FerrariChat

The F50 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Dec 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you Mark, meanwhile I've reached out to ChipG privately as I think it's always important to try and help enthusiasts address the many misconceptions or reservations they may have gained over time, I remain at anyone's disposal for same.

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Many F50s I have encountered have a bit of a 'tired' interior with dried-out leather, probably courtesy of having the roof off for most of it's life.

Here's one that's an exception to the rule (that's just easily-removable lint or fuzz on the velour material @ the shoulder section)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Joe, or anyone else that can help - has anyone ever seen a second hand (or new) F50 seat for sale or know someone that has one - even if it is damaged? I will take a whole seat, but ideally i only need the back carbon clam of the seat.

Here is today's F50 fact that will surprise a few.....

We know that the F50 seats are very distinct and unique to the F50 model, they have never before or after been used in any other Ferrari model.
    We know that the F50 seats are different for Euro spec and USA spec cars because of the seat belt configuration being different.
    We know new that the came in 2 different sizes: Large type & Narrow type
    We know that they came in different colours: black leather with red insert / black leather with black insert - there are also some black and yellow out there plus a few aftermarket alterations.
    We know that the seat base is very distinctly sided right & left - visually you can see one side of the base is wider than the other - making the seats non interchangeable between right and left / also because of the seatbelts being integrale to the seat base.

But did you know the seat backs are identical - i have swapped the seat back from the right seat to the left seat - absolutely identical. So if you have a little wear on your driver seat bolster, swap it with the passenger seat. This will mean the wear is now on the central bolster on the inside edge, so when you open the door it all looks fresh - also it balances the wear on the seats before they get too bad and need reupholstered.

Anyone with a seat or particularly a seat back available, please send me a message.

thanks as always
    Mark

joe sackey likes this.
  7. Jeffrey Volkert

Mar 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Volkert
  8. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Obviously the distortion is another matter, but if it is ‘yellowed’ is that just a case of re-lacquering to refresh...... I have also seen this and even seen it on interiors too.

joe sackey likes this.
  9. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    agreed seen it on several interiors particularly around the high sill area and door cards

10. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi Jeff,
    interested in which way, can you expand a little please - dont want you inundated with pointless emails and people giving you the runaround?

Do you need Joe to help you source or consult on a car, or are looking for some technical or buying advice, are you USA, Europe or elsewhere?

Helpful and knowledgeable crowd on here, welcome to the F50 thread

joe sackey likes this.
  11. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    just saw your other post on the LaFerrari thread:

"Hi I'm looking for a La Ferrari coupe to purchase.( Higher mileage) If anyone could help me. I am also interested in a F50 I own Sports & Imports Auto Sales Thank You! [email protected]"

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Modulo_B likes this.
  13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Modulo_B likes this.
  14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    NürScud likes this.
  16. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Joe, have you ever compared two individual build photo books, frame by frame, next to each other?

I think you will find that only certain photos are unique to the actual car whose chassis number is on the front of the photo box.

I have gone through 2 books next to each other, most of the pictures are identical, but a few are slightly different, some like the chassis number are obviously unique to that car.

The books I compared were from two cars that were over 100 build numbers apart - so there was a very significant time gap between their existence and journey down the production line - ie one was on the road and delivered before the other had even started production.

Here is the crazy thing is, in the pictures that are just slightly different, they made some sort of effort, I will try to explain as I dont have the books handy to take photos and show....

There are photos of Ferrari technicians working on the car along the production process (as in the photos above) - in some of the photos I compared, the shot angle of the car is the same or very slightly different, but the person in the picture may have move a little or be in a slightly different pose - but if you examine the detail they are wearing the exact same clothes, their hair is identical, the same things are sitting on tables and benches etc etc.
    I remember comparing that picture you have above of the car in its bare skin, the same guy is in the photos but in a slightly different position, but the sanding and body preparation marks on the body panels are identical in both photos - my only conclusion can be its a photo of the same car.

When I get a chance I will get the two books back together and demonstrate with actual photos.

Modulo_B and joe sackey like this.
  17. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    and i am guessing by the look of his garage and his beautiful collection he doesn't need the money ;)

thanks for giving me hope that there is even such a thing out there, you never know, if you stumble across anything you know who to call
    cheers Mark

joe sackey likes this.
  18. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
  19. Gabriel Turner

Feb 25, 2020
    London
    Full Name:
    Gabriel Turner
    Afternoon all! I’m after an original F50 exhaust system if anyone has anything? Any help appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken

Hi, I have also been looking for exhaust parts for the F50 for a long time, it's a slow painful and expensive process.
    I hear DK Eng and GTO Eng are in the process of remanufacturing complete systems, but obviously they will not be original.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The ones I have seen of the USA F50s are always noticeably different including lighting conditions

Image Unavailable, Please Login etc

NürScud likes this.
  22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    NürScud likes this.
  23. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Hi Joe, I will check the cars when next down the storage unit, from the part number that is the rear engine hood.
    Do you have any thoughts as to why?

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I wish I could say why, here is another F50, this time a USA F50, same thing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login