Virus delays to production? | FerrariChat

Virus delays to production?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cyr, Feb 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Does anyone know whether the virus is having any impact on production at Ferrari, specifically on production of the Portofino

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It does. Factory is way down on capacity for the time being.

Are you still at Green 10 and is your dealer still sticking to his April delivery promise?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I'm sure it is impacting things. Have friends of ours that live about a mile from there. Most things have been fairly shut down all around Maranello and Sassuolo, etc. since last weekend. Sent us pictures of the Super Rossetto (large grocery store there) last Friday, absolute mad house and nothing left. Not sure if it's any better since they've stayed close to home all week, but kind of doubt it.

4. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    :(. Could you post the source of your information. I am sure there will be a lot of panic buying of groceries but Maranello is outside the quaranteed zone so production should not be affected. I do admit though, even if a few screws are sourced from an affected area it could be enough to delay production. Still would like any links to actual information.

5. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Smacks of a typical panic reaction which, though illogical, is very human. Just as we require politicians to "do something" without demanding what they do should be sensible. Pity.

6. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    No news from the dealer at all. He may be stringing me along. I agreed to trade in my 911 on 1 April as he wanted to be able to sell it before the summer (it is a cabriolet) and he would give me a Jag XE :confused: until the Portofino was delivered; I agreed as he said the P will be delivered in April. I really do not want to drive the Jag the whole summer. One good thing is that as I live in The Netherlands there are no long shipment times.:rolleyes:

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    There is a thread in the 812 forum on this and there are production delays as a large part of the factory is shut down.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    A relative was set to pick up his Pista Spider at the factory in a few weeks. Everything has been cancelled, including TM meetings etc. I spoke to the owner of one of the largest dealers in northern Europe whom is a family friend, and he said that while they are assembling cars, it's at a fraction of normal capacity.

9. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    No external visitors to the factory complex until May earliest, confirmed by dealer today.

10. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I dropped in at the dealer today. He said there were no delays to production. That is good news :D, provided he really knows :rolleyes:. Still expects my car to delivered April/May (this year, I hasten to add;)!). All visits to the factory have been cancelled though.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ah, so now May is added?
    What was the status?

No delays? M'kay:)

12. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Yep ,May has been added. I guess I will have to kid myself few weeks more :( But.as they say...hope springs eternal….etc etc:p

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It is what it is. It will show up eventually.:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app