Remote Transaction Tips? | FerrariChat

Remote Transaction Tips?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MaurizioAM, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I was trying to find some related information with a search but was not coming up with much info.. I am looking to finalize a deal on a private sale and am wondering if there might be any tips for this sort of transaction. I will not be financing any of the purchase. I will arrange for a enclosed delivery but what might be the best way to take care of the payment and transfer of title? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I' ve done a lot of long distance deals, but I usually go pick up the car in person so its just a matter of how the seller wants the $. I sold a Z06 corvette for a buddy a coupe years ago. Buyer bought it just form the pics and it went out to AZ from MN. Buyer wired the $ and seller overnighted the title and the car stayed with me for like 2 weeks until transport arrived. That worked great as they talked several times via phone prior and were comfortable. Personally I probably would have waited until transport was there to wire the $ but sometimes the timing with wires is hard to deal with. If the you let the bank now ahead of time you plan to do the wire it usually helps speed up the process. I probably wouldn't have the seller put the title in the car, that can easily get lost.

3. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I buy cars remotely regularly. I pay by wire transfer, and I always ask Ken Gold @ GT Motorsports to deliver it. I always ask the title to be shipped via FedEx overnight, using my FedEx number to avoid any confusion.

4. Shahaf

Shahaf Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Shahaf Galil
    Use an official Ferrari dealer as escrow, after agreement signing seller puts title car and keys at dealer, you wire, once seller gets the wire he calls dealer to release all to you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat