Jake Weaver | FerrariChat

Jake Weaver

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by motoTommaso, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. motoTommaso

motoTommaso Rookie

Feb 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Doyle Smith
    Mods please excuse a noob if I've posted in the wrong forum. Please move to "Who's Who" if more appropriate.

My longtime friend and partner-in-crime Jake Weaver passed away unexpectedly on February 14th in Clinton MS. I know Jake had some association with Ferrari South and was known to some people in the Ferrari World. I tried to contact a few of Jake's friends that I knew of but unfortunately the few I knew were already deceased.

Regards,
    Doyle Smith

link to obituary

2. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I didn't know jake but I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    There are location-specific forums further down, may have better luck in them. Sorry for your loss

4. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    I knew Jake. I grew up in Jackson, Ms. My father, Sam Scott, was co-owner of International Motorcars along with Charlie Kemp. They sold to Ed Wettach who renamed it Ferrari South. Jake was considered a top notch repair and paint guy. My dad used him many times. My father died in 2015 but Charlie is still alive as well as Jerry Farris who knew Jake well.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend and his passing. I wish you well during this difficult time.