Italy and Coronavirus | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #26 Albert-LP, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Today, 10.0 AM, cases in France are 57. It means 40% more than less than 24 hours ago (41 cases at 13.00 of yesterday).
    The daily increase index is more or less that. It will start to decrease just after some severe restrictions. Next week here I hope the daily increase in Italy will be less than 40% a day, due to the severe limitations we did.

Let's see, we are almost at 900 infected today: we are 60 millions here in Italy, 900 aren't much yet, but who know what will happen

Ciao

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Saturday, Februay 29th (leap year) situation in France, at 1:00 A.M.
    Known cases: 57, which is 19 more since the same hour Friday.
    12 cases are individual cases, meaning one person that is isolated and is not (yet?) known to have contaminated another one.
    45 cases are several "clusters", that means groups of persons infected by one same source.
    For the time being, it is concentrated in a small number of places, especially around Creil and on the Air Force aerodrome here ( eight cases for the Air Force base).
    Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    greg328 and Albert-LP like this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Three more here at 12:00 (= Midday, lunchtime): three medical personnel at the " Hopital Tenon" in Paris, where a seriously ill patient with the Covir is treated.
    Total identified in France = 60.

Rgds

Albert-LP likes this.
  5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    We had yesterday the first infected in Maranello. Some infected persons leaved yesterday the Modena infected division hospital, as they were not very ill and they were sent back home for the quarantine. It looks 80% of the infected have no problems as with a common flu, but the remaining 20% do have. Only one of the 19 infected in the Modena area still is in the intensive threatment department of Modena hospital. It looks to be the only one that is questionable for his life

Ciao

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    73 at 16:00 in France.
    Confirmation that the main center of contamination is the département of Oise, and especially inside it, the city of Creil.
    The reason why is not known yet, the "number zero case" has still not be identified yet.
    Rgds

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Officially 100 in France as for Saturday, February 29th at 20:00.
    Rgds

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...of which, more than a third (exactly 36) were diagnosed on people from the "Département de l'Oise"...

Rgds

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Virus is spreading, it's already in USA. Please follow the basic safety rules I posted in the opening post wherever you are in the world as very likely the Covid-19 is (or will be very soon) behind your door. Don't be worried too much and don't avoid travels, as it's useless: the virus will reach your area, so it's (in my opinion) very stupid thinking to be safe just because you don't leave your country or city. Much better is following the safety rules for three or four months and avoiding too crowded places if possible. I think it's much more clever who travels in a 500 seats A380 plane over the ocean with gloves and a dust mask rather than anyone stays at his own home and doesn't even wash his hand 20+ times a day.

Go and travel the world, if you have the possibility of doing so, as the life is short and places that deserve to be visited are much more than the time available: this is a fact, not an opinion.

I'm fine, at the moment.

Ciao

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Officially 130 in France as for Sunday, March 1st, 20:00 (8:00 PM)

Rgds

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    We are at 1500 in Italy, today, March 1st. I would like to remind you that up to 6000 we will stay below 0.01% of the Italian population

Ciao

greg328 likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The problem is the risk of quarantine when returning. I just cancelled a trip to Firenze I was planning in 2 weeks.

13. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Watch the live web cams in Venice. Ghost town.

Dave

14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    This would be the perfect period to visit and enjoy Venice, that's usually too much crowded.

Ciao

15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    40% increase in 24 hours in Italy, most of you will live thru it, Iran has ZERO chance

https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/u-s-advisory-warns-americans-not-travel-to-2-italian-regions/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR24ajPwVTDf2ix-0YMApNbnywcwEF9BbOgUhFluFbQd7HLfHbpx6ZlR4eQ

16. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Good news is the air quality in China is really good, google the ar quality map index, has never been this good

17. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    JL350 likes this.
  18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #43 Albert-LP, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020

the virus was born in China: if it's spreading here, at 8300 km from Wuhan, the place where the virus was born, it will arrive also at New York, that is 6500 km from here. And so on: it's not a Chinese or Italian problem, it's a global problem.

ciao

PS
    There are cases everywhere, 24 in Canada too: 86 in The USA, 256 in Japan, 27 in Swiss, 130 in France, 130 in Germany, 29 in Australia,43 in Thailand, 106 Singapore, 98 Hong Kong, 36 in the UK, 29 in Malaysia, 19 in Norway, 14 in Sweden and so on: there is no safe place, sorry, as everywhere they are growing up quickly. So, (in my opinion) prohibiting the travels in some countries is a stupid thing, as there aren't safe travels anywhere.

ChipG likes this.
  19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #44 Albert-LP, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    France prime minister Édouard Philippe just said (more or less) this: " We won't close our borders, as viruses cross the borders by themselves in any case, so it would be useless".

This is what every prime minister of the world should say, in my opinion.

ciao

PS
    since two weeks there are much more recovered than new cases, look at the graph here below

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    No new figure for today, we are still offcially at 130 although there are new cases in Britanny, so we should end the day above that figure.
    On one hand, one of the former "Directeur National de la Santé" (National Heath Director) says that "there is no reason to think that we won't end the week with at least 1.000 confirmed cases"; on the other hand, some medical authorities say that it is of course growing, but slower than it was anticipated.

Rgds

21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Official figure of contaminated persons for France today at 15:30 local time is 178.

Rgds

22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thanks, Bruno: I would like to remember that exactly one week ago the contaminated in Italy (157) were less that today in France (178 persons); today we are at 1718 persons. But, for the very first time, today the increase is slowing down, fortunately: see graph

you can check the Italian situation for the COVID-19 in real time at the link below:

https://statistichecoronavirus.it/coronavirus-italia/?fbclid=IwAR0JHFXWBCy1UpMW_CSLIXj49GIty65YsvKT7nqJ4aowcC4XkCrEkC0WsMw

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    ciao

23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    These are just recorded cases...as history has shown, there's typically at least 30-50% more unrecorded cases out there...case in point, up until today Indonesia reported no cases and officials have been touting how stupendous they've been in protecting the nation....in reality, and as usual, they've done jacksh*t. In the whole bloody country, of a population of over 264 million people, only 160 tests have been performed lmao.

Suddenly, now there's finally 2 confirmed cases in local news, and the entire country has gone into a full panic. Can't say my home country has surprised me, I expected just as much...I find it sad and funny all at the same time.

Albert-LP likes this.
  24. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    191 officially at 20:00 today, Monday, March 2nd.
    Having lunch tomorrow with an italian friend just back today from Tuscany...

Rgds

25. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA