Coronavirus live update | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Well, I agree that it will affect the entire world, USA included, but Italy has carrying this situation for a long time. Italian politicians are stupid and can't understand that you need to "save" for difficult times.

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    You if WuFlu kills 250mil Americans that's about what docs already kill from medical mistakes? Some say docs kill 400k

3. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    scary stuff...…. anyone else here nervous about getting sick from this?

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Only if you’re 70+, otherwise just calm the f down...you have greater odds of getting fatally struck by a car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I'll take my 1.3%!:)... and I am going to the movies tonight. I will sit on the front center row but not because of the virus I always do. I am not going to let this restrain my freedom and will enjoy the cheaper flights this will generate. I will however stay away from crowds and public transport other than planes as much as possible but NOT curtail my movements including two planned trips for test drive articles in Italy and one to the US. Let the chickens stay at home.

Economically this will affect every civilized country US, UK included, some will be better organized than others.

6. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    more concerned for my parents, in mid 70's but they are healthy

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    same, my parents are trying to maintain some level of a normal routine and are just as annoyed as I am that we can’t even get 3-ply toilet paper coz the crazies out there are hoarding everything like it’s the end of the world...

A348W and Nembo1777 like this.
  8. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    My mom just turned 90 and came down with a nasty cold that took 3 weeks to go away! I had influenza A on my birthday and it has been 6 weeks, and I am finally at 90+%. There were times I thought I was going to die, it was so bad.

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes for older people it is a major concern, they should stay warm and cosy at home. My parents can't catch it up in the sky but I have a great uncle who is 80 and I keep my fingers crossed for him.

10. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Can you imagine what's going to happen in Africa with the millions of people with Aids

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #111 freshmeat, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Discompassionate point of view (not mine): Expedited natural selection; one epidemic to wipe out another at scale.

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    And India and the whole third world in general...

ChipG likes this.
  13. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Nope. Only two guarantees in life. Death and taxes.

:eek:

ChipG and william like this.
  14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I had the flu once at 22 and felt like I was going to die. Not sure what this would do to me and I have no interest in finding out, but I work in a hospital so I may eventually find out firsthand. :(

15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It is but it's also the truth and needs to be taken into consideration.

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    be safe brotha, and thank you for all you’ve done on the frontline. Times like these make me even more appreciative of all that caregivers do.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Flavio, so a lockdown was announced but not enforced? So, ppl started pouring out of town?

19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51787238

Italy is set to lock down at least 16 million people in the region of Lombardy and in 11 other provinces in the north and east of the country.

The mandatory quarantine will last until early April.

The dramatic escalation in the country's efforts to contain the new deadly coronavirus will close gyms, pools, museums and ski resorts.

Italy is Europe's worst-hit country and reported a steep rise in virus infections on Saturday.

The new measures, which also apply to financial centre Milan and tourist hotspot Venice, could take effect as early as Sunday and will last until 3 April.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    375+ likes this.
  22. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Not worried in the slightest.

I do feel sorry for all those people stuck on cruise ships due to ignorance of politicians. Probably the worst place to “isolate” anybody and will only make the situation worse.

People over here are even panic buying toilet paper in case they get isolated! Ffs!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    So the TP hoarding is international! I thought it was a Hawaii thing as I've been through this many times with hurricanes, dock strikes, floods...

Bahrain will be interesting to watch. Brundle will have an interesting pit walk. At least he won't have any awkward moments. lol

375+ likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sensible thing to do .

Oz seem a bit cavalier in their approach in comparison,so far.If they close it to spectators then they loose $$$ , who would help to mitigate that ? Liberty hmmm ?

Then if Liberty /F1 refuse to compensate them could just say ok ..race cancelled sorry.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Situation in Africa is weird,
    Maybe virus doesn't like hot temperatures ?