488 Challenge vs F8 Tributo? | FerrariChat

488 Challenge vs F8 Tributo?

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by gowthamn, Mar 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    How do these 2 compare? Challenge of course has more downforce, but F8 has more power.

2. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    around a track, the Challenge would probably be a little faster :)

around Fiorano, the Challenge did 1min 15.5sec. The Pista did it is 1min 21.5sec. I have both and can tell you that the Challenge is insanely incredible on the track. My car now has Evo on it and I would guess it might be .5 sec faster due to the better aero now. The SF90's time at Fiorano is 1min 19sec, LaFerrari 1min 19.7 sec.

Challenge is also absolutely incredible around turns and handling compared to the Pista on the track. And the Pista is pretty amazing on the track.

It is of course not as comfortable as the Pista :)

So you can extrapolate to the F8 from the Pista.

I don't track my Pista any longer because ...the Challenge is too incredibly fun! And why wear down the Pista. I enjoy it in spirited driving up in the mountains where there is hardly anyone else. And you can't take a Challenge car on a road as its not street legal.

richie458 and gowthamn like this.
  3. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    You have nice collection of cars. Do you take part in Challenge racing? Did you go for Corso Pilota? Do you have any XX car?

4. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Thank you for the nice compliment.

I signed up to do 4 races for this years Challenge. So my first race is this coming one at Indianapolis in mid April. I took Corso Pilota in September (Sport and Advanced). I saw and was in a Challenge car at the end of the Advanced course. I was blown away. At the end of the day, I was somehow looking at the Challenge cars they had as part of a team. And it took off from there.

I have done a lot of track days and distance in the Challenge since I bought in Oct '19, all of 5 months ago. Over 4,000 kilometers already on different tracks with a coach as: a) I needed and wanted to get better to drive it well and b) prep for Ferrari Challenge or Club Challenge.

Initially, I had thought about an XX vehicle. I decided to do this as I live in the US and thought I would get a lot more track time to get better by being in a Challenge with a lot of tracks and a lot of days of track time. These are both constrained in XX.

I thought I was a good driver. I became better through Pilota. And then way better through having to learn how to master the Challenge and do it with a coach.

Each track day, I can get about 50+ timed laps plus the in/out laps. Usually in groups of 8-10 timed laps. Then take a break for 30 minutes and wonder if I would better if I had started this at my age divided by 2. :)

Highly recommend Corso Pilota as a way to get better and then get exposure to this car. The Evolution and Challenge courses will provide some time in it.

gowthamn likes this.
  5. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Wow.
    2 weeks ago signed up for Corso Pilota. I want to do the same as you. Complete Corso pilota and take part in Challenge races.

I am planning to complete sports and advanced and then buy a used challenge car. Then use it to practice on my own and with dealership track days and complete the remaining 2 courses in Corso pilota.

I am interested in buying an XX car years from now.

You started racing just after Advanced course? I thought we have to complete all 4 courses to race.

What did you do to get allocation for a Pista?

6. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Let’s pick this up in PM. Feel free to PM me there now. It’s been great.