Coronavirus live update | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Rose-water there and in Yas I believe.

2. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    It's all entertainment because it's over there and not here.

Until your niece who celebrates her 59th birthday in a week is quaranteened.

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Yes, now they are saying the virus does not like heat, sunlight and humidity.

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    "They" who?

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    See post # 138 for a study reported by researchers at Sun Yat Sen U School of Public Health. Not yet peer reviewed though, but it's the best I could find...T

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Isobel likes this.
  9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Boomhauer likes this.
  10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    or Benny Hill.

Boomhauer and Nembo1777 like this.
  11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    A friend just flew from Shanghai to Italy and now to Australia, so far relatively unencumbered lol. He is a Taiwan passport holder and is flying private.

Go figure.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If you read Italy's lock down, it says "professional travel" is excluded, and you need paperwork to prove it.....so it's not a "zip the bag and toss you in the fire" Chinese lock down.

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Private jets would use something like a Millionaire FOB and would not even go thru the Terminal.
    That's a little different....

PTG1 and ChipG like this.
  14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rest and plenty of fluids, Seth....sorry to hear.
    But then she will have the immunity.

Hang in there....

15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Breathe the same air; virus' don't discriminate between private and coach. And no, you still go through the terminal albeit a different part for basic check-in / security sweep, you know, so they know you're not smuggling a nuclear weapon?

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not so sure, i've heard of a person that got it twice!..i don't think you get imune at all.
    All the best to her and those afected, by the way it's going i guess many of us will catch it. last week i was heading to a client of mine who has a shoe factory, and he told me "don't come" one of his employees had just arrived from Italy and was infected...the whole factory has been shut down....damn that was close! In the city near were i live and my daughter studies, some schools are already closed, and also the university...her school so far is ok, but i guess sooner or later it will likely close heck, even our president is on quarenteen now!!

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #167 freshmeat, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Unless you're over 70 yrs old and/or have an immunodeficiency, chill out, have a beer and just be sensible. The worst case scenario if you're not 70+ and have underlying conditions is you have to deal with a few days of flu-lousiness. big whoopdeef*ckingdoo. My friend and her husband both got it (Taiwan), she's already recovered...36 and 45 yrs old respectively, she had asthma as a kid, neither are exactly fit or healthy (both eat a lot of junk food and neither works out).

I've never seen so many uncompromised-non-70yr-old-non-immunodeficient people panic senselessly about a cough and some phlegm. IMHO, the real threat is to those who need ongoing medical care, non-corona related, because of how strained/overwhelmed the healthcare system is going to get having to deal with all these incoming corona cases. That's why containment / restricting movement is so important...gives people the time and resources they need to not only deal w corona but everything else. That's why I think it's bloody reckless and stupid seeing people disregard quarantine and galavanting around like nothing's going on (that's not being sensible).

Friends in Shanghai/Shenzen have already been going to work like normal for over a week now. China's the place hit the worst and life goes on. Chill the f out.

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It's good to know it's not that bad, media tends to alarm everyone a bit, but i also believe the biggest problem is for older people. My wife as asthma so i guet a bit stressed about it, because i know she's not that resistent. But i'm pretty sure it will be fine, the weather is also warming up wich i'm sure will help a bit.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so approx 150k people die each day. we have known about the virus for about 90 days. 90 x 150,000 is 13.5million. about 4k people have died in that time. divide 4000 by 13.5M.

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Via BBC:

Italy is extending its strict coronavirus quarantine measures, which include a ban on public gatherings, to the entire country.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said that people would only be permitted to travel for work or family emergencies.

He said the measures, which come into effect on Tuesday, were to defend the most fragile members of society.

Italy's coronavirus death toll jumped on Monday by 97 to 463. It is the worst-hit country after China

In a televised address on Monday, Mr Conte said that the best thing for the citizens of Italy was to stay at home.

He added that all sporting events - including football matches - were being suspended nationwide.

22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  23. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    App developed by Iranian government to track COVID-19/citizens (it collected phone number and geo-location), they got 4 million Iranians (by mass SMS messaging) to download it before Google pulled it from the store. These are the results.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Equally, you could say the UK is also incompetent for accepting flights from Italy.