Pista Spider or sf90? | FerrariChat

Pista Spider or sf90?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by leopoldo, Mar 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    If you could have only one for the next two years which u will choose?

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Both great, but SF90.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    If it's my money,... Pista spider.

If I won a contest,... and I get it free for 2 years and just return it at the end... SF90

4. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Definitely Pista spider. There will be all the time in the world to own a hybrid/electric car i.e. pretty soon that's all you'll be able to buy. Also consider in 5 years what a second gen hybrid will be worth when the new ones are probably cheaper, lighter, faster and better.

5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Pista spider is beautiful.

Rear of the SF90 is unattractive to my eyes but have to see one in IRL to make definitive opinion.

Also like to drive my exotics to work and rear visibility looks to be subpar with the SF90 making regular use possibly more challenging.

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Sf90 for me.
    Just one is okay.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Passed on the SF, no thanks. Perhaps the next version, this one is too fat for my taste. Although not perfect the Pista checks a lot of boxes. The SF posts numbers comparable to the 720 for 3x the price. 765LT if you can get one is a better choice IMO. Flame away.

spyderman, Shadowfax and nmcclure like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I put deposit in for the 675lt. Going to be epic based on how the 720s has been doing.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    #9 Astrid.Didier, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Why Pista Spider and not Pista???
    Anyway, of-course the choice has to be the Pista or the Pista Spider, it doesn't even need you to think about it!!

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Just
    just because the spider is more limited and exclusive than the coupe’, so this should make the decision even more difficult! ;)

11. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    There is no difficult decision at all, I would even choose a normal 488 over any SF90s !!!

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #12 Shadowfax, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Hands down Pista! Coupe or Spider !

Agree with Gh - no flame suit required, only congratulations on his 765 allocation. I bet that car will smash sf90 in performance as well. Not a fan of heavy complex models - not what sports cars are about.

Plenty of time to buy into hybrids....and they will only be getting lighter.

I also note Ferraris latest design concept is far more appealing, stylish and resolved for an upper tier model. So you can see where their future hybrids are heading, and that does not bode well for Sf90.

Pista OTOH is headed into the history books as being the last ICE V8 SV and is not only just an infinitely better looking car but will retain its value and desirability vs the Sf90 which is destined to only go south from this point onward.

Gh21631 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  13. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    There was a huge topic about the 765LT vs the SF90 on "the SF90 stradalle forum section" and it ended up no1 wins / all lose!!! :D A true disaster! and lots of hard feeling between many FChat members right there! with no real reason at all!:eek: it was sad really!

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

765LT > SF90 all day

While the 675 is a formidable car, I assume you mean the 765.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I just looked in - looks nasty - but I decided last time I posted my thoughts that I no longer wish to get involved over there. SF90 is by far too polarizing and as a topic is drawing far too much conflict for liking. My thoughts on SF90 is that it's not for me - I gave my reason why - but if others like it and wish to buy it then I am happy for them and genuinely hope that they find what they are looking for out of that car.

My only concern would be that it appears the car is likely to be on the ropes before it even gets into the boxing ring based upon delivery times and the announcement of Maclaren's latest addition to their arsenal (765). It doesn't look good. No.

It's become as if Ferrari cannot win a trick of late and I see that as a shame for both Ferrari and their loyal customers.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    SF90 of course, a car of much higher performance. Also, those who think that the 765 will be quicker are just kidding themselves...

17. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    It's not ONLY that the 765 will be quicker, but the 765LT is also less expensive and a very limited car, otherwise it looks amazing especially in that orange color!
    Also not everyone can get the 765LT, but any1 can get the SF90, that makes the 765LT a very solid buy after-all !

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    If I had the money to get either of those, I would choose neither and would go for something else - not sure what (because it's pointless to investigate) but I'm sure I'd find a better option (for me).

19. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Mclaren became too strong!

20. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Are they strong or ........is Ferrari a bit weak today ??

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You are quite amusing...

22. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    No, I don't think Ferrari became weaker, I just think that in a few years, Mclaren became too too strong!

* But ONLY for the SF90 Straddle, it could be a real weak-point for Ferrari!

23. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    A limited McLaren is very different than a limited Ferrari. That’s not the Kool Aid talking, it’s just fact. Ferrari will sell every SF90 it makes. Period. And I suspect that many buyers won’t give any consideration to depreciation or whether it’s faster than the 765LT. Many people simply don’t care about such things. Their money their choice. Not sure why you continue to express the same opinion over and over again. I think by now we get it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    What makes a limited McLaren to be very different than a limited Ferrari?

25. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Residual value and pedigree/history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk